• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help:> Choosing A Good Hosting

- Dan

Hello all,

I need your opinion :D I know that you guys have more depth knowledge about hosting.

Well, here is the case: I have Windows Hosting and Linux Hosting (both of them are reseller) Let say, I have 10 Gb space and 200 Gb of bandwitdh. The price is almost the same. Windows server using HELM and Linux Using CPANEL. The thing make me hard to decided is that Both of this server gives me good quality of services.

But I have to choose one of them since I am planning to start a web hosting business. So I am so confused :D I know that windows can support ASP, easy, good support, cover php mysql. Linux is good with the CPANEL bla bla bla...

Well It's just make me hard to decided. So that's why I need your guys opinion :D

Thanks in advanced.

Nb: I wish i am in correct topic :D

I choose the cpanel option.
Reason: many new customers or previous customers from other companies just prefer cpanel over any control panel to me its much easier and less complex.

So... It's much better if go for linux with Cpanel.

What about if the windows hosting change from HELM to PLESK? I heard that Plesk offer something like fantastico. but I am not sure PLESK is better or same or worst than Cpanel?

So anyway you guys suggested Linux rather than Windows?

Thanks anyway for reply :D

My choice would be the linux server. Why you ask?
because, in your case, it has cpanel. Cpanel is easy to use and have many nice features. Most new users/customers would prefer using cpanel.
I strongly surgest cpanel :)

ok three vote for Linux :D

Okay then... I will try to do more research again for this... :D

Thanks for your guys opinion and explanation.. Appreciate it so much!

Make that four votes for Linux and cPanel hosting. Windows hosting is available but you'll find that most users would prefer cPanel because it is so easy to use and its not hard to familiarise yourself with it. I started using cPanel a while ago and I couldnt believe that managing your website is so simple.

In Australia most ISP's that provide hosting does not even have this option.

If I may:

There are a LOT less Windows Hosting Companies out there...

I know, because I run a very large one...

You have a much higher chance of success starting off in Windows because it's a tighter market inside an already saturated industry.

If you have the chance to go with a host that offers DirectAdmin ,I would go for it, directadmin is very user friendly and better then cpanel!

Now... I get more knowledge about web hosting :D

Thank you very much guys for information about linux.

@hottweelz & Duport
Thanks for windows information. Eventhough windows hosting market is still small, but looking from google find about linux vs windows. linux is a bit more stable somehow.

Well will see later in late august I wish I can put my site up :D and perhaps looking forward to find a partner.

Thank you very much...

Well... I am planing to setup a web hosting in late august. Since I just have reseller acount, of course later I will looking another deal for dedicated/vps to offer to customer. So I think of course I need to find at least one web hosting company that will provide dedicated/vps plan. Well all still in plan. At the moment I am with one good web hoster :D So I will see later how many customer can I get and see what will happen. Hope all go smoothly.

Oh yeah... perhaps I will look for australian people for hosting as well since I just got my ABN as well :D

Cheers.

Nice. Well good luck with your business venture. iContact-Hosting is looking to expand to offering dedicated servers and VPS services by mid to late September so keep us in mind, we might be able to do something for you.

Hi Vanidium,
Selection of hosting depends all on your requirement. Though Unix seems to be the first choice but it can't be said that it's the best OS in every situation.

Back