• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hello, I need free host for my code files + IDE

dfdfdf

Hello, I need free host for my code files + IDE system

Hello,
I am learning computer science and I need free host to run Codaid web IDE to store my code and edit it online.
its personal site for me and maybe 1-2 more friends.
uploaded files size not higher than 10kb most of the time (its small text files).

I will install IDE created with Javascript and php (~4mb size).
I tried couple free hosts and they lock my account after 1 hour due to "max hits reached" I don't know how it happens so fast...

This is what I need:
- high hits/inodes and CPU capacity (very important) I don't want to to have my account locked after 1 hour.
- normal/fast server speed
- 250-1000mb space
- bw ~10000 should be fine
- stable server - I need to know that my files is still there when I come home and warning mail before account cancelation so I won't lose my files...
- php, js support
- database not needed.
- no server backup needed.
- no ads (no one except me won't see it anyway...)
I can complete surveys (without spam/malware) / watch ads etc. in return...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi dfdfdf,

That will not be a problem. We can easily accommodate your request. As far as the plan limits, we custom tailor each plan instead of creating blanket plans with large quotas. With many providers pushing unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth, we have decided to move in the other direction trying to educate users about resources and why unlimited is misleading at best.

We only ask that you help out new members, tell people about us (word of mouth only! We don't want to be spammed!), discuss your projects in the community, and have a positive impact. We aren't a Post2Host provider! If you have any further questions, you can find the link to the site in my signature. We're just getting started all over again!

@Trel
As I understood you require post to host, I can't do it because I don't want to post useless stuff to get host...

@Razerst
The script that I am planning to use scan given folder for all files, then I can open file edit it and save, very similar to Cloud9 IDE but only for editing files without terminal or execution options.
Its ~85% Javascript based system.
It load js files and whole interface require about 5 js files or more. I don't know if the script is well optimized, I don't have a way to test it.
I am not planning to use the site often, for couple hours, only 2-3 time a week, so I don't think it will make heavy load on server...

@Trel
As I understood you require post to host, I can't do it because I don't want to post useless stuff to get host...

Did you read it clearly? He says that they are NOT a p2h provider.

We aren't a Post2Host provider!

Have not been to Trel's site but it looks like he may be your best bet for now unless someone else comes along with an offer. Just saying :)

Hi dfdfdf,

I can see why you might consider us to be a Post2Host provider, but there are some differences. First, we would not use "Post2Host" to describe the forum-participation-for-webhosting scheme. Under Lifelesspeople.com which was a "Post2Host" style provider, we called it Pay by Post when we started with it in 2003. Instead of asking someone to post a bulk amount of 20 or 30 posts, we automatically awarded Pay by Post Points based on the content of the post, when it was posted, how many people replied to the post, and so on. This encouraged thoughtful participation because spamming "I agree" 20 times wouldn't get you very far at all while a single thoughtful post might get you 20% toward your monthly goal in 1 post. We also expanded the idea to include VSP or Virtual Shop Points which could be traded between community members and RDP or Rainy Day Points for savings in case you couldn't meet your monthly goal of posting for any reason. Excess points from the monthly total (e.g. when you had too many Pay by Post Points) were converted into VSP which could then be converted into RDP. You could easily acquire a webhosting account by performing tasks for VSP including creating forum signatures.

As you can see, we've been at this a long time. Pay by Post is not a new idea and it isn't what we're trying to do. Yes, we do want to create a community, but we don't want to make it an obligation. You could easily get an account by introducing yourself, talking about your project/work a bit, and joining us in a game like http://www.cybernations.net/ - (Free, browser based, works on virtually any browser/OS, works without Facebook, and so on.) For the ongoing month to month for your account, you might be able to contribute a blog article about something you've been working on. If you're trying a new IDE, vent about why it is terrible and the authors shouldn't be allowed to keep their keyboards. A community based provider doesn't have to mean Post2Host, but yes, we do expect you to contribute something (we're not picky) every month in exchange for the resources provided through your account. Servers, licenses, support, and everything else costs monthly so we ask you to contribute monthly. Since we don't ask for financial compensation, we leave it up to you on how you can best contribute.

I hope that helps. Follow up with me if you have additional questions.

Back