• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hello, I need advice.

mesas

Hello, I need advice.I want to rent a vps and run a windows game server on the same.
I am interested in the minimum requirements for a VPS that I could run a game server,
and explanation of how to run a game server and choose which game to start.Thank in advance.

The minimum requirements depend on what kind of game you want to run on it.
You can even run a small xp installation with just 32mb ram.

Hello

Hello man

Can you say what kind of game you want install because new game ask better configuration then old.

Hello, I need advice.I want to rent a vps and run a windows game server on the same.
I am interested in the minimum requirements for a VPS that I could run a game server,
and explanation of how to run a game server and choose which game to start.Thank in advance.

Try to google companys who has windows os on their vps servers. Windows is easy to manage and configuration for game server will be done for few minuts.
Also, dont take big companys like your provider, their support is awful, try to find some small or medium size vps provider who has good support.
You can start with vps server at least with 1 - 2 GB of RAM.

hello

It depends on various factors: the type of games the number of users and many other factors. . I use Hyper-V Windows VPS 1GB and it's great for my needs.

I think you need Hyper-V Windows VPS because the security level of Windows VPS servers are very high.

Try to gather as many reviews about its web hosting services (both positive and negative) and serve these as basis in choosing web host providers.

As mentioned above it will better if you could go through the requirements of your game which I am sure is mention on the cover box of every game and then you can just go with getting that configuration.

Very often, when people ask me about web hosting, they want to know if I know any cheap but good web host. This particularly applies to those who are just starting their web site and are not willing to sink a lot of money into it.

I would not recommend to run a game server on a vps as it will end up crashing your VPS or being suspended by the host for affecting other clients. Try a low end dedicated server in the start for a smooth gaming experience.

I would not recommend to run a game server on a vps as it will end up crashing your VPS or being suspended by the host for affecting other clients. Try a low end dedicated server in the start for a smooth gaming experience.

I don't think he will still read this...
The thread is 1.5 years old.

Try to contact the current customers of the web host provider of your choice and see if they are satisfied with the kind of services being rendered by the web host company.

Yet another /fws/ fail... This thread was created nearly 2 years ago. The last post date was 4 months ago. Doesn't anybody pay attention to these anymore?

You will need a high configuration server for running games. You should look into role playing games to get high number of visitors.

Back