• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Have you ever "sneaked" a pet?

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
Just wondering if anyone has ever sneaked in having a pet when renting an apartment. Me and my husband want to get a kitten, but the rules are "no pets". We're going to apply to be allowed 1 house-trained kitty, but it got me wondering how common it is for people to sneak having a pet while renting a property.

Considering they have to give you notice to enter, you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get caught! But, I'm not sure what kind of punishment there is if you DO get caught.

Also - if we ask and they say no, maybe it would have been better just to sneak one in the first place! :lol:

Nope, I don't live in the city and I need to live on acreage. I can't stand not having much space for yourself.

I currently have 2 cats and am not suppose to :p

When we get notice of them coming then they go visit my parents xD

I don't have limits on where I live for pets, but I've sneaked pets into my own house past my mother before. My own pets, my previous chipmunk and my now rabbit. :D

A lot of people here aren't supposed to have pets in their flats/apartments, but they seem to get away with it. I can't see a problem if the pets are house trained, especially cats since they have their own litter tray.

At my last house we sneaked animals in and years ago we did too, never got caught so I do not know what would of happened.

From what I've seen in various living communities it's a pretty common thing, just depends on what the pet is and how large and tamed it may be. I mean, if you've got a peaceful pup that isn't loud and doesn't turn your house upside down then you should be fine.

You should be fine, just make sure to keep things smelling good for when they come by on those visits. Its good that you're getting notice of when they do want to appear though, so the litter box could be hidden pretty easily.

If they have a ban for pets and one snuck one in then I guess they would threaten to evict, but given this economy I wouldn't be surprised if they let it slide.

Hope all goes well for you :)

Oh boy. What are you going to do if the dog starts barking?! Are you in a house or a unit block?

Unit block. The neighbors know about the dog, and the landlord knows about the dog... but the city has an ordinance against dogs that are over 25 pounds.

I use to have have a medium size dog in my apt. As long as the animals are quite and you keep the place from reeking, I am sure you can get away with it.

Back