• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Have you ever been punched in the face?

Nick

NLC
This is often the first question I get from friends when they start asking me about my adventures in bar security. I think it's kind of odd when I'm talking to guys I know and they've never been in a physical altercation throughout their entire lifetime. I thought it was pretty common for a guy to have been in at least one fight throughout growing up.

I guess it just seems weird that some of my outgoing, obnoxious, frat-boy friends from school have never even been in so much as a shoving match and I know I had been in at least a half dozen fights before college. My high school wasn't that rough, and they were all defensive situations... I worked in an attorney's office during high school, I know better than to be the one to start a fight :shame:. I thought that was a pretty normal figure, nothing out of the ordinary, but the looks I get after saying I was in that many fights in high school have me thinking that either everyone I know has lived an extremely sheltered life or maybe my high school was worse than I thought...?

Is it really that common for twenty-something man to have never been in a fight?

I've been in a few fights. Not always self-defense. All in high school and before ... I think the first one was in 3rd grade. I got punched in the jaw for stealing someone's pencil, and I knocked them right back.

Only about a quarter of my friends have been in fights. Most haven't.

I've been punched in the face to know that being punched in the face isn't a big deal.

Unless the last name of the guy punching you is Klitschko

I got punched in a nightclub the other week from the side of my nose, broke it pretty badly but its actually not that sore just a little hard to breath.

Dont see peoples logic behind hitting a random person for no apparent reason, I could understand if I had done something or stole his woman but I had done nothing and to this day dont know who it was.

Well.

Once I got smacked in the face with an acoustic guitar.

That was a painful and bloody experience...

Once when I was a kid, but I think I won by the end of it. Didn't much enjoy it but I did what I had to do. I generally try to avoid violence.

I'm not a fighter, I've been in two fights. One I didn't really think much of, it was when I was around 10. I just got mad and beat the ---- out of a "friend" because he wouldn't quit annoying me. And another was when I nearly got mugged (at knife point), by a gang of maybe 8, there were a lot of them, only a small amount of the group approached me. Not going to lie, I'm a pussy when it comes to fights. I'm not that tall (6Ft) and I'm hardly "framed". I'm a easy target to most, yet I don't get into much trouble.

Never been in a "real fight", nor punched in the face... o.o I prefer to "atack" with words, works better for me :p

Nearly strangled and slapped a few times, but not punched directly. Old people have attempted it, but I always duck or move. They are quicker and stronger than they look.

Well.

Once I got smacked in the face with an acoustic guitar.

That was a painful and bloody experience...

I wonder what part of the guitar smacked to your face. The one with strings or the other side? I can't imagine how you looked like when you got that solid punch.

Got sucker punched... I was arguing with that little ----- and out of nowhere, right on the jaw... ended up with a fat lip...

I got punched more times than I would like to remember.
Kicked, Punched, Head-Butted, kneed in the knackers, you name it, I've had it.

I got punched more times than I would like to remember.
Kicked, Punched, Head-Butted, kneed in the knackers, you name it, I've had it.

So you've been emasculated?. :confused:

No. Wait. Don't answer that, maybe I don't want to know... :nervous:

I hate fighting fullstop, it makes me really mad, people think they are tough just cause they can hit you, no I aint no nerd, I can walk the walk when I need too!! I just dont see the point in it, no one "wins"...

But oh my god, the times I have defended myself, I defently didnt fail.

And yes, I been punched in the face, quite a few times, sometimes there has been lots of blood lol!!!!

I wonder what part of the guitar smacked to your face. The one with strings or the other side? I can't imagine how you looked like when you got that solid punch.

Sorry, I forgot I'd posted in here.

It was the back of the guitar - the side without strings :).

Apart from a nose bleed that lasted several hours, I don't seem to remember looking too different, a tiny bit swollen maybe?

Back