• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hand (cell, mobile, cellular) phone for you?

Cell phones for you?

• Yes

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Budget aspect (No)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No cell for me...

Hell, they'll practically give me the cell for free, but I can't afford an other $50 a month to use it. For my internet connection, and phone service, Verizon is already getting almost $100 a month, and now they want another $50 for cell phone service?!?! That's murder, I tell ya!! :mad:

I have a cheapo one, prepaid. It is just for people who really want to contact me while I am on the internet :eek:

Cell phone :)

I have a cell phone that I keep with me always. It is my lifeline in regards to business and personal effects. In fact, I don't even have a landline because I am always out and about.

I was always against mobiles, but got one last year.

I use it a bit; but not that much really. I'd never go on a plan; I just don't see any point, so I have prepaid as well.

Cellphones are useful for certain things, like if you are a plumber or something, and are always out of the office. It is also useful to call friends, tell them where you are, so you can meet up, stuff like that. But I don't have one. I hate phones, and hate getting calls. I don't know what it is about them, but I can never pay attention to the conversation when on the phone. Sometimes after I hang up, I can't even remember who called...it's sad.

I never use my phone either, if someone wants to contact me they can just leave a IM, phones cost too much, and arent worth it.

I send and receive about 3 phone calls per year, so I'd have no use at all for a cell phone. Don't have any use for any type of phone really, except for the internet.

I have a cell phone, my lovely and inexpensive Nokia 3360, silver coloured.
With me at all times as my landline is usually busy, so its the only way people can contact me. :)

I have one. I only use for important calls (such as to pick me up from work or if someone changes plans when I'm not home), but I don't use it for average conversations. I have a pre-paid plan, and have used about $60 in the past 3 months

hey, the poll result is interesting. I would have thought that 90% of people would already have a mobile phone.

Originally posted by Bruce
No cell for me...

Hell, they'll practically give me the cell for free, but I can't afford an other $50 a month to use it. For my internet connection, and phone service, Verizon is already getting almost $100 a month, and now they want another $50 for cell phone service?!?! That's murder, I tell ya!! :mad:
I paid $150 CDN for my phone.
Including a car charger, handsfree headset, charger, $50 radio shack gift certificate, 6 months of caller id, call waiting, voicemail, and 6 months of service with 250 weekend and 100 anytime minutes. :)
So I'm sure you could get soemthing better than what you posted above. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Daniel
Damn Mr. Miller..damn.

Mine costs $50 a month with a $99 set up charge.
Haha, Mr. Miller
Mine is now like $30 since the first six months or up, but either way i still have the phone and accesories, worth more than $100 themselves. :)

Originally posted by Miller

So I'm sure you could get soemthing better than what you posted above. :rolleyes:
Eh? Not really.

The price they charge isn't that bad for what you get, but the problem is, I don't need that much so I don't want to pay that much.

Here is the current "starter" special I can get in my area:

-500 minutes/month
-unlimited night (11pm - 3am) and weekend minutes
-caller id, call waiting, call forwarding, 3-way calling, 411 connect, mobile messenger, voice mail, etc., etc.
-$199 setup (cost of phone)
-$49.99/month -- 55&cent a minute over

The point is, I don't ----in need that many minutes!!! Yet they don't offer a smaller plan!!! Ugh. :mad:

Originally posted by Bruce
Eh? Not really.

The price they charge isn't that bad for what you get, but the problem is, I don't need that much so I don't want to pay that much.

Here is the current "starter" special I can get in my area:

-500 minutes/month
-unlimited night (11pm - 3am) and weekend minutes
-caller id, call waiting, call forwarding, 3-way calling, 411 connect, mobile messenger, voice mail, etc., etc.
-$199 setup (cost of phone)
-$49.99/month -- 55&cent a minute over

The point is, I don't ----in need that many minutes!!! Yet they don't offer a smaller plan!!! Ugh. :mad:
Dude. That crap. Now I see where you're coming from. :rolleyes:
I think I can get a plan starting at $20 CDN.
Are you sure there's nothing smaller than that? isn't there more than one carrier in your area?

Originally posted by Miller
isn't there more than one carrier in your area?
Dude, are you kidding? Is there more than one high school in my area?

I live in Maine... the answer to the previous question, along with the one you asked, are both no.

I looked into their prepaid packages recnetly as well... they aren't looking much better...

-Audiovox CDM-100pp + accessories = $60 + $15 setup

-100 minutes = $35
*expires after 30 days

Now what the ---- is up with that?!

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back