• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hamster,com

What's everyone got to say about experiences with Hamster.com? Do they pay? on time? etc.

Because I'm looking for a sponser similar and they 'almost' seem to good to be true.

Thankyou in advance...

I tried them many months ago and was very disappointed.

The user has to click thru 2 times before being counted and when i tried it my self it didn't count!
i tried a few days later and it still didn't count the hit!!
it's also very slow!

maybe it has improved but i really doubt it.

Thanks Nuurth, I wasn't too sure so just wanted some answers from people who used them... It seemed a little too good to be true... but then I saw it on cjb.net so I thought hmmmmm.... maybe they are legit.

Any other experiences?

I actually have no complaints about Hamster. They send me a check every week on time and haven't tried to cheat me yet.

As for the complaint about double click throughs, that's only fair to the advertisers. If someone wants to visit the web site for the advertisement they clicked on, they'll click through the jump page.

When someone buys something from the banner, it's like you leading them to the store.

eg. You as a user: You see a Bill's Books banner, click it, webmaster makes 5c or whatever the rate is. Then you buy a book or get a membership and the webmaster get $50.

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
When someone buys something from the banner, it's like you leading them to the store.

eg. You as a user: You see a Bill's Books banner, click it, webmaster makes 5c or whatever the rate is. Then you buy a book or get a membership and the webmaster get $50.

Not quite Supermoo.

Pay Per Click: A site visitor clicks on a banner/button/text link/whatever and goes to the advertisers site.

Pay Per Lead: Visitor sign up for something or requests more information, usually (if not always) free. Could be a catalog, newsletter, brochure, sales call, something along those lines.

Pay Per Sale: Visitor actually buys something. Some programs stipulate that the sale must happen then and there while others allow a certain amount of return days (eg. if the return days was set to 30 if the visitor comes back within 30 days and makes a purchase the site owner gets a commission).

I don't trust Hamster

By any chance have you read the review of Hamster at adbility.com? Adbility is a great sponsor review site, and Hamster is on the list as one of the worst programs.

Thanks for that, I removed their banners they were underpeforming so much! I think people click them and think it's like a toplist or something... why do it?

Just as an update, shortly after I posted my positive comments about Hamster, I removed them from CJB.NET because they changed their program entirely to be that of a 468x60 banner, 125x125 mini-banner, or one text link. These seem to perform much worse than their original 4-text-link system, and this is what it would appear everyone following this thread signed up to find.

I would still say they are one of the fastest paying companies, and I always got my checks on time, but their new program just doesn't perform like the old one.

Yea, I thought that in the first post, but you know...

<whisper>Hey Cheap Bastard, I bet he's worth a few refferal dollars! ;)</whisper>

Back