• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Great stuff..

Daniel

Megalomaniac
NLC
God I seriously hate sympatico(my adsl provider) right now.

I pay for 1mbit down/128 kbps up and right now I get neither.

right now..I get the speeds similar to 14.4k. It's been this way for a good 2-3 days.

Ehh... sucks to be you.

As much as people bitch about my ISP (Verizon) I've had no major problems except for a couple of downtimes, but that was because of them upgrading their lines and giving me more speeeeeeed.

If I was in your place, I would personally call them up and bitch their asses out. Of course I wouldn't have waited this long either though. You are a paying customer. You shouldn't settle for anything less that what your paying for.

Originally posted by Miller
Whenver I have even the slightest problem with my ISP (Shaw) I bitch them out right away.

Thats what I do when Bellsouth screws up. :biggrin2:

I have the impression that ISPs never here the single customer. If the problem is general in your area, then they'll try to fix it soon. If you're the only one that has the problem, then usually starts the long wait (or short wait if god helps). And I hate all those stupid , uninformed persons that answer the phones...bla blah...blah..and no results.

Originally posted by Bruce

If I was in your place, I would personally call them up and bitch their asses out. Of course I wouldn't have waited this long either though. You are a paying customer. You shouldn't settle for anything less that what your paying for.

It would help if I could call them up...

I did when I first noticed the problem, about 10 mins of the guy telling me to do jack-shit on my computer(check for viruses spyware shit) he tells me that he has to go because theres a fire in the building... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Daniel
about 10 mins of the guy telling me to do jack-shit on my computer(check for viruses spyware shit) he tells me that he has to go because theres a fire in the building... :rolleyes:
That sounds almost as bad as AOL tech support.

Bellsouth's solution to every dial-up problem is to delete your DUN entry and create a new one :rolleyes: :mad:

[add]
...and to empty my cache, turn my computer off for one minute, so seconds then restart it and try to connect...

The sad thing is, there are no other dsl providers on this bloody island(yes Montreal is an island).

directtvdsl.com has been fairly good...the speed is a little lower than what I was hoping I average now 1.2mbps down and 100kbps up but I am fairly far away from the telco and I should not even get that speed. So I am satisfied...they should be installing a telco withen 3000 feet of here and my speed should dramatically increase...that should be soon

is that the Bell thing through the telephone lines? i was gonna get that once i move and have access to high speed, not so sure now.

Apparently, there seems to be a problem on the server that I'm on so only people within my area are affected. But still, I want my ----ing high speed internet now!

Btw, why did this thread pop right back up?

Originally posted by Daniel
Apparently, there seems to be a problem on the server that I'm on so only people within my area are affected. But still, I want my ----ing high speed internet now!

Btw, why did this thread pop right back up?
Someone linked to it. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by trenzterra
my download speed never reaches 512k anyway, only about 30k-50k
Trenz, 512k is 64kB/s. By the time you add in other factors, 50kB/s is about right.

Back