• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

gotossh.com - thoughts. ?

AMC

serial slacker
NLC
Hey Guys,

Im an occasional user of net2ftp and other tools like it etc ...
So I started to scan for a secure web based ssh client.

I found gotossh.com but Id like to hear if any of you guys have used it before, and if it is truly secure (They claim not to store any details at least).

If its worth its salt, then I guess putty will be seeing less use. I have to work on 3 different Pc's, one of which is on a network with several ports blocked altogether ( ssh included ), so this could be the best option.

Check it out and let me know if you would use it or something similar ;)

Thanks in advance

Anything that might be insecure I wouldn't use. I'd rather open a port than use someone elses site to login to my servers.

Sounds okay for those people who are stuck on a restricted network on a regular basis, but otherwise doesn't seem worth it.

thats what i was going to say, but i noticed he said he does.
If its worth its salt, then I guess putty will be seeing less use. I have to work on 3 different Pc's, one of which is on a network with several ports blocked altogether ( ssh included ), so this could be the best option.

I can't open the port, I mean I can try but it would be a huge effort, the people down in the IT department are about as useless and unhelpful as you can imagine.

Well for that AMC why not just setup a SSH Server on a non standard unblocked port and then use that SSH to connect to any others...complicated yes but could work and then you would not have to worry about security :D

Well for that AMC why not just setup a SSH Server on a non standard unblocked port and then use that SSH to connect to any others...complicated yes but could work and then you would not have to worry about security :D

I hadn't thought of that, its a long way round, but If I cant persuade them to unlock the ssh port, Ill just have to do that I guess ;)
Im actually not sure how to exactly, but Im sure it wont be that hard. Ill just setup my own version of the above site.

Oh well, thanks for the advice guys - back to the drawing board.

Back