• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google PR Question

sander k

NLC
Hello folks,

I have been thinking about that Google PageRank stuff.

If you aren't interested in this or don't know anything about this, you might not want to continue reading this thread and its replies.

You see when you are submitting to directories, they say that it is just a waste of time to submit to like 20 directories on the same IP.
But is that really the case?
I mean its not the IP that gets the Google Pagerank, its the URL.
Because if it was the IP, all my websites should have the same PageRank which is not the case.

Some free hosts force a backlink on their clients, all backlinks come from the same IP.
Sometimes even the same IP as the free host is on. I guess you could call this backlink spamming too, like Black Hat SEO.

I have learned that the links from the same IP are worth less then the links from an unique IP, but is this true?

If you lost me, don't reply here. ;)

It is probably true and it does make sense for google to give more points to a backlink coming from a unique IP rather than one from the same IP. It's also speculated that backlinks from webpages that hold relevant content to your website earn more points for pagerank as well.

However, no one knows for sure how google pagerank is calculated, all we can do is try our best to build backlinks from relevant websites to get a higher google pagerank. ;)

I agree with you.
Websites are not all about pagerank, but it does count.
It definitely does count. I've seen Websites however that have gone from zero to a ranking of 3/10 in two months, just because everyone is interested in that Website. One can be very lucky to just hit the spot with the right content. Otherwise it is probably good to check through Google's Web and Analytics Tools.

It definitely does count. I've seen Websites however that have gone from zero to a ranking of 3/10 in two months, just because everyone is interested in that Website.

Or by using Black Hat. I have had a website containing only a blank white index page on a PR3 within 28 days!!!
Now its still a pagerank 2 and still pretty much empty. (we are now 4 months further).

i don't think Google will crawl on people IP .
They only crawl for the content and the link that you link to which is related or not and the site page rank.
What about black hat is Google do not trust that you can build such lot of backlink link he same ip and in the same time.
Even you in black or grey hat do build those backlink smart as well.

Back