• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Page Creator Will Be Shut Down

tomihasa

I bet a few thousand people may get upset now that Google has announced on its official Google Page Creator forum (and on GPC sign in page) that Google Pages will be shut down this year. Is there anyone using GPC that is going to move to Google Sites or who is going to switch their GPC website to another free one or even going to buy their own domain + webhotel?

yep..
but i think you may have mis-read it
We are no longer accepting new sign-ups for Page Creator because we have shifted our focus to developing Google Sites, which offers many of the capabilities of Page Creator along with new features like site-level navigation, site-level headers, control over who can see and edit your site, and rich embeddings like calendars, videos, and Google docs.

If you are currently a Page Creator user, you can continue to use Page Creator and your pages will automatically be transitioned to Google Sites later this year. We are committed to making this transition as smooth and easy as possible, and we will post more details as we get closer to the transition time. You can also manually move your web pages from Page Creator to Google Sites or other service providers at any time.

If your currently hosted with them; no worries they'll switch you over to their new hub; afterall its google

I am suer it will work out fine. Google won't just leave you hanging. And, for the record, Sites is even better than Page Creator. ;)

Sounds like Google sites is much better than page creator anyways as it will allow you to make a complete website.

I don't use Google Pages Creator any more.
Although my site is hosted by big G, but it's just simple HTML files. What can I do if I'm not allowed to create dynamic page?

I'm personally not upset. I wasn't using it, and I heard it was replaced by GoogleSites anyway.

So it didn't hurt anyone.

Back