• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google ISP is coming to Madison, WI--wait, WHAT?!

Folk have been going crazy attempting to get Googles attention for this network, didn't topeka rename themselves for a month or something along those lines?

What was the place that named itself Google for the bid?

I don't think they would get it, naming yourself to their company is cheesy.

I'm not jealous at all, personally, I'm happy with my 50Mbps, 1Gbps is just OTT...

What was the place that named itself Google for the bid?

I don't think they would get it, naming yourself to their company is cheesy.

Topeka, Kansas believe it or not, i think it's only for the month of march, but still cheesy either way lol..

I'm not jealous at all, personally, I'm happy with my 50Mbps, 1Gbps is just OTT...

The US is soooo far behind the rest of the world in terms of HSI speeds being offered, we are still oooooing over 20mbps lol..

I've just found out that Google itself is not providing the Internet service. What they're doing is that they're installing fibre optics so that OTHER ISPs can use the fibre optics.

This means Charter will have 1 GB/sec available in the near future (And I'm sure it'll be over 150 USD/mo, alone.)

I've just found out that Google itself is not providing the Internet service. What they're doing is that they're installing fibre optics so that OTHER ISPs can use the fibre optics.

This means Charter will have 1 GB/sec available in the near future (And I'm sure it'll be over 150 USD/mo, alone.)

Ahh that just plain sucks, i was hoping for more options in the ISP field, here in Denver you either have Qwest or Comcast both are far overpriced to say the least..

Google Fiber is coming to some local cities here. It'll cost a bit more than the current 100 mbps package or a bit more than 100 mbps which is $150 CAD/month.

Back