• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Chrome

Ooh... so the rumours were right then?

Google registered gbrowser.com before. I thought that was what it was going to be called.

That's pretty cool. I like the whole seperate-tasks dealy. I hope the rendering engine is up to snuff, though. Don't want yet another browser to fix for :rolleyes:

Jeez, that was one long comic book. Was a cool read though, how it's open source and their letting other browsers simply steal the code so all the browsers build up a solid state.

That's pretty cool. I like the whole seperate-tasks dealy. I hope the rendering engine is up to snuff, though. Don't want yet another browser to fix for :rolleyes:

It uses WebKit which is same one Safari uses. I believe the engine was developed by Google, Apple, Nokia, Adobe and a few other companies.

Wait, why UK time? Google are California based aren't they?

I don't know. I just wanted to mention UK.

The press conference is set for 11AM PDT, which is a little less than 5 hours from now. I'm excited about the multiple processes thing, and the JavaScript virtual machine that compiles JavaScripts to bytecode. :D

Btw, what is Google trying to do? Google funds Mozilla Firefox and now they make their own browser? Hmm.... weird...

I'd say it's pretty obvious. Think of the wealth of information available through a browser? Most visited websites, favorites, the kind of information you could amass on a user would be huge. This is of course all tied up with improving their adverts. I'm guessing that mozilla would balk at the idea of handing over user data.

Btw, what is Google trying to do? Google funds Mozilla Firefox and now they make their own browser? Hmm.... weird...

I don't think they actually fund it. They only promote Firefox as their preferred browser. So now Chrome will probably take Firefox's place. So I can imagine that this would mainly damaged Firefox usage more than any other browser.

I'd say it's pretty obvious. Think of the wealth of information available through a browser? Most visited websites, favorites, the kind of information you could amass on a user would be huge. This is of course all tied up with improving their adverts. I'm guessing that mozilla would balk at the idea of handing over user data.
#1 reason I wont be using this, regardless of the company behind it.

That's not really funding though, that's indirect marketing. You run a website with AdSense, is Google funding your website?

Last edited:
Back