• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Good SEO ranking without backlinks?

webinstance

Hello Everyone,
I was just reading an e-book in which the author states that with themed content you can rank well in Google without the need of buildings backlinks. I was wondering if this is true or if I am wasting my time just writing themed articles without building any backlink to the pages....

Thanks,
WebInstance

A good combination of backlinks and content will be the best actually. It's true that some websites have good ranking without many backlinks but it's not easy to achieve.

actually, you get the SEO from backlinks... thats the easiest way.

why backlinks?
so that the the bots can track your site and its "reputation"

On-page SEO is as important as off-page SEO.
If your on-page SEO is very poor, you shouldn't even build up backlinks yet.

Not only theme but your content, keywords etc. affect on backlinks. If you have used keywords relevant to content,
then it will attract audience easily and you will get backlinks easily.

that thing which you are doing is good because your ranking can not drop so quickly ...but at the other end this is very easy for Google to dropped its P.R

It depend on which keyword you target. If it niche enough then you maybe rank well easily.
It would be best you concern of both .
You able to get good serp even you do not have backlink , but it like success blogger which only few peoples able to earn 5 digit income with blog.
If your's onsite SEO is good enough , then you may rank well . But it doesn't mean forever because the competitive is increase everyday .

Back