• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Good name for a web design company

R. K. Raja

I don't know if this relevant to this board, but what do you guys think would be a good name for a web design company?

I need something thats catchy and true to the point. RK Web Designs just isn't cutting it for me anymore. How do people think of names like Presage Designs, or Compendium Designs??

I am thinking about getting a domain name and what to make the right decision for the name of my company.

Thanks all.

I think very simple names do the work, like for instance a word and number like project5 :), or delta8, axis360, etc, etc

I agree, but also choose something that is small so people can easily remember your company. Also so you can have a small .com name so people are more likely to return.

LinkedWeb-design? -- linkedweb.com

NetCreators? -- netcreators.com or netcreate.com

Online:1Web? -- online1.net or onlineweb1.com

the net addresses are just sugestions

ACME WebDesigns or maybe something catchy like "Microsoft" :D

Seriously though, maybe IndexDesigns or CoffeeDesigns (something easy to remember). I must be stoned to be suggesting these names but oh well...

Btw, your links really need a change of color. I can read them!

Originally posted by [lhomme]
ACME WebDesigns or maybe something catchy like "Microsoft" :D

Seriously though, maybe IndexDesigns or CoffeeDesigns (something easy to remember). I must be stoned to be suggesting these names but oh well...

Btw, your links really need a change of color. I can read them!

Ahh, crap. I forgot to upload the CSS file... oh well. I'm working a new, much better design anyways...

I like pro5ject's idea. I don't know, WebbedDesign really isn't catchy. And I don't know what homme is smokin ;):biggrin2:

hey RK d00d, just wondering for u design do u just do normal .html .shtml graphix design or do u go more complex like cgi, php, mysql etc?? :confused:

Originally posted by Weapon
hey RK d00d, just wondering for u design do u just do normal .html .shtml graphix design or do u go more complex like cgi, php, mysql etc?? :confused:

I am not experienced with mysql or php but I could always take a shot at it ;) I do whatever a client asks (i.e. graphics if they want, SSI, etc.)

Phrozen - ....

Originally posted by R. K. Raja

I've installed some CGI scripts before, but I'm not "advanced" so to speak.

To Phrozen - Nevermind.. :eek:
so u don't do any programmin' ? only HTML aye? still good :D so got any orders yet? :biggrin2: seriously :angry2:

the name should not be something cryptic.
For example even if freewebspace.net doesn't sound very creative or anything, still its a good name because it tells you what the site is about.
If your site is about web design, then your name is better if it contains words like creative, design, art ... and no unrelated words like shoes or jeans ..
Search engine wise, a name containing the words web-design will give you a boost in the search engine results.
Short domains are better if you can get them. (or have a longer domain and a short one .. for example fws.net for this site)
Choosing the right domain is not just a matter of finding a creative nice word. Its a lot more than that.

I thought of the perfect name. Interact Designs. It says what I do and I think it is pretty good IMO.

Now, there are 2 different domains that I am choosing from:

http://www.interactdesigns.net

or

http://www.interact-designs.net

Which do you guys think is better? With the dash or without?

Thanks for your help....

And to that guy who asked me about the orders: I haven't received any major ones, just small ones from relatives and people I know.

i think with the dash is better, so register the other one that its still available ... because i already registered the one with the dash !!! :D :D

j/k :rolleyes: :p

Back