• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GoDaddy!

CommunityOne

DO NOT Use GoDaddy!

My web host and I (deeplist) are trying to register my domain. Well, it registered, but, he cannot point the domain to his server. Now I was really mad, because DeepList's Registrar was BETTER than GoDaddy.. I wanted cheapest.. well I got cheap.

I and everyone else now cannot access my site, only EnsimCP, so I cannot access hosted user's PM's on my site. Now... I got an email with username and password for GoDaddy and then deeplist tried to edit the nameservers, but it did not work. We have to wait 2 business days. With DeepList's registrar, you get "instant" propogation, etc... and he did not tell me about it!

Well thanks to GoDaddy I cannot access my own site.:mad:

It can take up to 2 days before your ISP updates the DNS, don't panic! Even deeplist's registrar would have the same proplem with some ISPs. Maybe he was just lucky that his was accessible so quick. Just because he could see his site "instantly" doesn't mean that 99% of those trying to access it could.

Since when is 15 hours instant? Anyway, it'll be viewable by some people before others.

Instant:

Specify your web hosts primary DNS server IP as the primary DNS server on your Dial Up/Broadband connection.

No waiting for your ISP to update. ;)

Originally posted by sonichost.net
Instant:

Specify your web hosts primary DNS server IP as the primary DNS server on your Dial Up/Broadband connection.

Just a note, I don't think GoDaddy allows you to use IP, only registered nameservers are allowed.

Originally posted by DeepList.com
Just a note, I don't think GoDaddy allows you to use IP, only registered nameservers are allowed.
That person was talking about 'instant propagation' and how you'd set your computer's settings. Nothing to do with Godaddy, just F.Y.I.

Go Daddy is simple to use and always good. But it does take about 2 days for the site to show up (Globally). What you can do to test if it is working early one is to trace-route the name from differant servers in the US after about 10 hours. That normally puts me at rest.

Back