• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gmail vs Hotmail - Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gmail offers a more robust spam protection service
Hotmail used to put Ads in my inbox about6-7 years ago when I used to check its free mail service

Hotmail has changed a lot however over the last few months. Since taken over by Microsoft they have offered Outlook look alike features. Not perfect, but definitely an improvement. Also, a new security feature is that if one uses a computer other than a regular one, it asks you for a security code, i.e. it sends a code to your alternate e-mail address. Only part I don't like is that it is forcing every one with Windows Live Messenger to upgrade to Skype.

I use my Gmail account as my primary account, because I don't get any spam. My hotmail accounts are all overflowing with spam emails.

Same, I have only had one Hotmail account and it had thousands of unread spam emails. I have never had the same problem with Gmail even though I have over 10 accounts there. They also offer a lot of space for free.

I use my Gmail account as my primary account, because I don't get any spam. My hotmail accounts are all overflowing with spam emails.

+1. Overflowing spam with Hotmail. I have had Google Apps for business for almost 5 years now and still no complaints.

Gmail has always seemed easier to use. The interface is cleaner, in my opinion. Also, it is nice to have everything centralized in google to keep it all simple.

I used Gmail from 2006 until 2012. When Outlook.com launched, I was one of the first million to register and I finally got FirstnameLastname at Outlook.com

It's been treating me well so far!

Recently had to look in my old Hotmail account for something, and it was just a mess of spam. Gmail does a much better job of keeping that kind of thing at bay.

I have account on both Gmail and Hotmail. But I noticed that Gmail is much better than all other email account. Easy to operate and less spam as well. Moreover data is more secure.

I use both. I use Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail and Lycos. Also Outlook since it came out a while ago. They are all equally irritating to me and I'm getting to the stage where I wish I could have a dedicated e-mail set-up like Outlook, but that feels like a sitting duck for me security wise. I like to diversify my security risk by using different e-mail accounts for different purposes, but with this of course comes frustration with being treated like a potential hacker of my own account more times than I have patience for. Outlook and Yahoo are particularly bad in this. One has to complete two security questions when signing up, BUT if one can't remember the one, you fail instantly, no chance at the second one. Gmail at least has a little intelligence to check whether we know what our second e-mail account is and to be happy with that. But then I'm naturally distrustful of Gmail, so I'd say all of them have pros and cons and in the balance all of it evens out the same, more or less. Except maybe gmail is a little ahead of the others in consciously attempting to connect up all of my surfing dots.

Google is the best without any doubt.Hotmail ruled till gmail came into business.Now gmail is the pioneer and they always keep on improving their mail features.

I have always loved Gmail interface, using it as my primary e-mail. But I also do own an outlook.com for personal stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back