• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gmail vs Hotmail - Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hotmail name and service change announcement has upset many people here locally. I don't think MS will close your hotmail.com account rite away. But it will eventually get closed. Business card holders are already raising heck because they have to change their hotmail email address, on the card. It's microsoft; did you really think hotmail would last forever? :eek3:

Shaun

Gmail is better option then going with hotmail because its more activated then hotmail and spam free way to take advantage of emails

For me Hotmail...

EMail notification (with the MSN or the gtalk plugin) in miranda is nice, but it's a little bit useless for me.
Why? The problem is not the notification, but what happens after the notification? It open the Mail website, I am not a friend of this sites. It's okay when I am outside or at work, but at home I maybe sort the mails, set reminders or whatever, or in other words, miranda is no email client.
My EMail client is Outlook 2007. MS have a nice addon for it, it's named "Outlook connector" with this you have Hotmail access and Calendar. (And yes, screen notifications too)

(Okay for GMail I can enable IMAP, but IMAP+GMail+Outlook, ermm, you know what I mean if you ever tried this)

Another point is, that I very often visit MS websites, forums, blogs, newsgroups. Most of this sites have an LiveID login and alerts via EMail and Alerts.

Spam? The spam amount in GMail is much higher.
Sure the gmail spam folder works great, but you get the mails.
I assume the server side spamfilter in Hotmail works a little bit better,
even you don't get spam mails in the spam folder.
(I know that the MS server blocks some domains)

Google is the best without any doubt.Hotmail ruled till gmail came into business.Now gmail is the pioneer and they always keep on improving their mail features.

Gmail VS Hotmail

Hi,
It is undoubtedly Gmail. Because its easy platform enables everyone viewing mail and entire operation regarding mail.

Associated services

Some users might be unaware that using a Gmail or Hotmail/Live account is about more than just email.

Gmail
Access to Google Drive - Which is like a mini, free Office suite and several free Gigabytes of online storage
Access to special YouTube features
Access to the Google+ Social Network

Hotmail/Live
Access to SkyDrive and OfficeOnline - Which are like mini versions of OneNote, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel with free hosting for those files
Access to Windows Live messenger

While both services allow for collaborative editing of documents, my vote goes to Google for ease-of-use, greater customization, and more reliable service.

If you use any Google services, always check out the "Labs" - These are extra features that can be enabled for each service for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back