• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gmail vs Hotmail - Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find Gmail better. Stability and ability of receiving files of rather big amount, cross-platform integration with all other google services... Chat. No, hotmail goes to the trash.

nope it is not after some registrations they ask you to add phone verification as i heard it.i always going with hotmail

Where'd you hear that? Did you actually use the service? Please don't go posting false information.

Gmail!!!

For me Gmail is a lot more better because of its feature which is autorefresh and aside from that if you have a slow internet connection, it will allow you to load the basic HTML version of gmail.

Gmail vs Hotmail which is better

Hotmail from Microsoft and Gmail from Google are both highly popular free email services. Together with Yahoo! Mail they make up the top 3 webmail providers, bothhave hundreds of millions of users worldwide.

However, there are still many differences in design, speed, and quality

Gmail is much better
Hotmail sucks

Hotmail blocked my mailbox becasue someone tried to logged-in my account many times. I need to provide some personal information to active it again.

It's not mu fault, why I need to provide private information.

:confused4

How else can they verify that you are who you say you are?

There are many ways, actually. Taking the phone numbers... Anonymity is not any good now at all, neither Google, nor MS are going to allow complete anonymity, but blocking accounts for someone else's deeds - is not the best way for sure.

There are many ways, actually. Taking the phone numbers... Anonymity is not any good now at all, neither Google, nor MS are going to allow complete anonymity, but blocking accounts for someone else's deeds - is not the best way for sure.

What other ways? The only way to verify someones identity is to provide personal information. If you don't want to deal with that crap, buy a cheap $2/month shared hosting plan and use your own email. However, seeing as you would STILL have to provide personal information to sign up for shared hosting.... kind of defeats the purpose.

I have named a phone number as the way of protecting accounts. Phones are not tied to the personality, unlike names and addresses. What's the point of knowing my name, or, say, having my picture, as I will never see the people responsible for email functioning? Moreover, in personal data entry, I may put anything that exist or doesn't. Plus, there are alternative mailing services which might be less functional but preserve certain anonymity levels.

You can't use someone's services and be anonymous. You can't buy a car, house, a boat, or create a credit card without giving your name. You're a consumer. You must leave your name to use a service.

Or, you can live alone in the jungle and be anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back