• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Give me advice here! Which board???

Originally posted by important
if you want for cgi get UBB ,,, or for php ikonboard or XMB...
Ikonboard uses cgi but has support for mysql, and btw, if you have th money, get vB but there's always a "free" version which I'm not going to say incase I'm banned.

Originally posted by Infection
but there's always a "free" version which I'm not going to say incase I'm banned.

but I don't think anyone with a real popular site is going to get the "free" vB on their forum, unless their site is illegal too... :D

btw phpBB2 RC2 is out now..

Hey so does anyone else think that UBB looks nicer than Vbulletin? :)

AS for Phpbb! I always thought it looked REALLY crap and ugly... but Phrozens PHPBB looks unreal!

Originally posted by Toefur
Hey so does anyone else think that UBB looks nicer than Vbulletin? :)

AS for Phpbb! I always thought it looked REALLY crap and ugly... but Phrozens PHPBB looks unreal!

Well, at least UBB was original. VBulletin just stole most of their layout and ideas from UBB.

Originally posted by rapmaster

TrU, vB has no real rival, except maybe my suped-up YaBB :D lolz
If only I had the money to get vB...Anyway, I think Ikonboard comes close, PHPBB 2 is near and wBB 2 is alright. They're all good forum softwares too!

vBulletin is rather hard to customize, IMO. I don't feel like creating CSS sheets and having to upload them before I can see what they look like. It just wastes time. :(

There's not THAT much that separates vBulletin from the other free forum scripts. You could easily customize another one of those with hacks to make them look like a vB board. For $85 a year cheaper!

Originally posted by TRUNKS
ok, I think ill be choosing Ikonboard now :D

Why is this thread still going on? TRUNKS (the thread starter) made his decision on page 1! :rolleyes:

It led into other discussions about free forum scripts. This topic was originally about forum scripts, and as long as we stay on the subject area of forum scripts, we aren't breaking the rules.

Tru, but now that were off the subject were gona start fighting and making this into one of those 500post topics about who's mom looks worse :biggrin2:

Back