• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Girls: Nice Eyecandy, but fkn annoying!

tandoc

tandoc tandoc
NLC
GAH!!

I've never been the guy thats comfortable and casual around girls, I always feel intimidated, unless I'm with friends. I'm quietly sitting on the train reading the newspaper, which was a very interesting article about the gay clergy and how ignorant some people are.

Anyway, these 3 girls sit next to me, obviously i'm already way in over my head, then they start taunting me in a way. i dunno how you'd call it, i just felt like i was being laughed at or something. They were a good 3-4 years older than me, and i was quickly trying to think of something else than lashing out at them in anger. I even had the nerdy kinda look, reading the paper, sitting all by myself and i was kinda secluding myself. I was only by myself because i barely made the train.

While holding my paper, i changed my grip on it and showed them my middle finger, a few seconds later they moved off, i'm not sure why, maybe they saw the finger, i was even tempted to fart or burp or something for good measure.

I know i learnt something from this experience, always have a nice 'crappy/melancholy' marilyn manson song in your discman ready for you to turn up the music to ward away the beasts of torment.

bah, i need some confidence..

[/somewhatofarant]

*Goes off to find something to improve confidence, oh well, my friend's Playboy magazine shall suffice :biggrin2: j/k*

ps. ahhh.. that felt good, let off some steam after a bad day.

Last edited:
That was very rude and uncalled for, I agree with anhedonia.

And honestly, the more I think about how rude of a gesture that was, the more upset I get. You are lucky it wasn't me with those girls or even be on that train. I would have beat you down. Very incosiderate.

I think your parents did a horrible job at teaching you respect, in general and for girls.

Last edited:
I mean, they could have been giggling about anything... I know my friends and I laugh a lot, but it's never directed at strangers. I think you should stop being so insecure, and instead of lashing out on others, keep your head down if other people bother you so very much. I know what it is like to be insecure, but I think you just misinterpreted these girls - unless you have left out a part of the story?

Originally posted by anhedonia
I mean, they could have been giggling about anything... I know my friends and I laugh a lot, but it's never directed at strangers. I think you should stop being so insecure, and instead of lashing out on others, keep your head down if other people bother you so very much. I know what it is like to be insecure, but I think you just misinterpreted these girls - unless you have left out a part of the story?

I HATE it when Guys disrespect, mistreat, abuse or cause harm to girls. Especially in situations as this. Burns me up so bad.

Originally posted by anhedonia
How very rude to give a stranger the finger for nothing more than your own insecurities.
I couldn't agree more. And the whole "burp and fart" thing - that REALLY shows your age. :rolleyes:

Guys get intimidated by girls?? It was always the other way around for me. Of course, I was always more quick witted than they were. You simply have to understand that women have more insecurities than men do, and they are often obvious (bad makeup job, big butt, small boobs, big nose, crooked eyes, spotted crotch, camel toe, etc, etc). I never started a wit war, but I always finished it :cool:

Learn to outwit them, and they dont intimidate you anymore. Once they try, they wont try it again :D

You have those that will huff and puff while walking away cussing you under their breath, then you have those who like it who continually come back for more. SNobs are generally in the former, while the kewl ones are of the latter.

I must say that i agree with all of you, guys. It's not to gently to show the middle finger when you're insecure...
As Jan said, i'm sure they didn't even noticed you.
Be sure that this won't happen again. You are the only one loosing here :confused2

i'm quite fine with girls sitting next to me, as long as i'm not involved in anything. sure i feel a bit funny, but it generally goes away after a minute, but that minute had passed, and i knew i was at the end of an insult of somesort.

no, they were clearly giggling AT me, why, they were clearly talking out loud about me and my appearance, sitting by myself, reading a newspaper. i guess all i needed was some glasses and braces to fit the perfect picture.

yes, i was feeling insecure, why the finger? because i don't like it, i used to be bullied, and quite frankly, i didn't find it too pleasurable being on the wrong side on someone's jokes. i rarely even lash out at people at school, or anywhere else. their topic of conversation eventually turned to something else, at which point i continued reading my newspaper.

yes aquatix it does show my age. maybe sometime i will grow up, maybe i won't.

Robert: disrespect, abuse, cause harm? i guess you're good at twisting thing out of context i guess. i lashed out at no one i'm sure they didn't even notice my finger, it was very subtle, just moving my finger into a recoiled position. it was immature. so? i don't seem to mind being disrespectful to people who are being disrespectful to me. as for my parents, i think they did a fine job raising me, its not their fault i turned out this way, not at all, if anything, i let this happen to myself, when i see this happening to other people, it subconsciously enters my brain, a lot of things do that, like when a friend is constantly saying somet

Webdude: i don't entirely think it was a wit war, they eventually got up 5 minutes later, coincidently or not? i don't know

next time, i tell them to leave me along (if i work up the courage), or i'll get up. i don't care if you people think i'm immature, now i know not what to do

whether if i'm immature or not, i don't give a flying foo if you think i'm immature. if you people don't allow people to make mistakes, which the majority of you believe, i may aswell join the growing list of people that have left this forum. sure no one notices me here much, but i don't care.

now i hope i can put this all behind me, and be one stop closer (to the edge!!!!!) to being (im)mature. though that won't happen for another 2-3 years i expect.

While I don't necessarily agree with what Tandoc did, let's all think back to when we were 14 years old, shall we?

I too was quite insecure at that age, about a lot of things, as I'm quite sure many of you were as well. You can all deny it, but only a handful of you will be telling the truth. I'm trying to picture myself as the 14 year old version of Blank Verse, and, the psychology of being an early teen being what it is, you are not under the impression that these girls may be laughing at you, you are under the impression that these girls are laughing at you. Of course, all logic points out that this is most likely not the case, but when you're at that age, you tend to be a lot more self conscious about these things.

I'm not saying what L'il Andy :p did was what was right, or what I would have recommended doing, but let's cut him some slack, alright? A lot of us wouldn't have handled the situation that much better.

There Tandoc, I'm gonna get flamed for sticking up for you, you owe me big :devious2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Blank Verse
While I don't necessarily agree with what Tandoc did, let's all think back to when we were 14 years old, shall we?

I too was quite insecure at that age, about a lot of things, as I'm quite sure many of you were as well. You can all deny it, but only a handful of you will be telling the truth. I'm trying to picture myself as the 14 year old version of Blank Verse, and, the psychology of being an early teen being what it is, you are not under the impression that these girls may be laughing at you, you are under the impression that these girls are laughing at you. Of course, all logic points out that this is most likely not the case, but when you're at that age, you tend to be a lot more self conscious about these things.

I'm not saying what L'il Andy :p did was what was right, or what I would have recommended doing, but let's cut him some slack, alright? A lot of us wouldn't have handled the situation that much better.

There Tandoc, I'm gonna get flamed for sticking up for you, you owe me big :devious2:
No flames from this direction Blank, i agree with you 100%.

Giving anybody the finger is done in great distaste and is incredibly rude.

I dated girls a lot... but also found out I like guys too (as I am bi, but still a bit unsure)... for all my insecurity, I almost got in a fight with a bi guy over some simple matter.. people knew I was unsure about myself and this guy was trying to talk with me, and help. I hated myself for doing that. This person is now my friend after we got to know each other better.. since I moved away we still keep in touch. Insecurities can do some rather nasty things to other people around you...

Try not to be so distasteful next time, tandoc. However, I am also defending you as I was at a time more than distasteful than you were. I was an immature little kid who couldn't keep his bad mouth under control.

i like my Blank Verse medium-rare thanks

thanks for that anyway. i really don't care anymore what people think now.

admittedly, i may have not done the right thing, there, i said it. :cry2: :mad:

:cool2:

another thing..

nothing gives any of you the right to say what i've done is horrible or comparable to hiroshima or something, (exaggerated), becuase you know that all of you have done something like it at one point in your life.

except the almighty Jan, who appears to the perfect person/moderator according to this forum

Originally posted by tandoc
thanks for that anyway. i really don't care anymore what people think now.

Well I thought the same when I was your age.. but believe me I was much worse than you. I was commonly called a "bad @$$" in school and was suspended several times. In 8th grade, I broke a kids jaw... and was expelled because of my past record. After that I got much better.... ;) I then did much better academically. ;)

Back