• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Getting a new laptop need advice... :D

veggie1232

Hey you guys well i am planning on getting a new laptop something under 1,000 bucks is perferd I'm only 16 but have been saving up

So basically i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions because i really need a new laptop my one now is a ibm think pad which sucks and things are loose it will all of a sudden turn off, a couple keys are broken, it just sucks lol

also i don't know much about computers

and it has to be a laptop as i will take it places with me lol

i don't want a mac just for starters

so basically what i am looking for

is a really reliable laptop that will last a good amount of time

something with allot of space on it as it will hold hundreds of web design stuff from flash to photo shop documents and a bunch of web design applications

its main purpose will be for web design maybe a couple games on there

something that can play DVD's and stuff

not a touch pad thing because when u type sometimes it will click out of place and it gets really annoying *but ya who cares*

pretty big screen so bigger laptop but not fat :D

maybe a built in wireless connector?

comes with windows xp and office -ill probably end up un installing office but i still want it lol

ovisly the basics can put cds, lots of usb thingys
mic and head phone imputes thing holds wireless card

oh important

long lasting batery

also can hold regular mouse and key board imputes *mine right now doesn't :S isn't that lame*

so basically im looking for a super awesome laptop not everything on this list has to be there but if u know anything close and is one awesome laptop that would be awesome :D

:beer: thanks:beer:

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz provide links and images :D lol thanks

----edit----
this doesnt really matter but i hear somtimes people have there own little servers on there computers if thats possible damn i would love that :D

but its not nearly close to a nesesity

Last edited:
Ever thought about a Mac? They are not cheap, but they last...
Sony is also pretty good - but again not cheap.
Acer was good (and cheap) years ago - no idea how they are nowadays.

Hey no i dont like how macs run ionno i just wana stay with windows for now lol

and i dont want a used one because i dont wana take the risk :D

i work for a it firm that sells pc's, mac's laptops the full works and buy far this is what we sell the most fujitsu siemens amilo pro v2060
theyre quite cheap and under your budget

check out spec and pics here

hey cool ill take a look

hey you would think somwhere out there is like the best laptop ever lol

i cant afford it im probibly but what is the best laptop out there

also remember to stay on topic i really need advice lol

that hp dv laptop series is very nice as are most of the solutions compaq and HP offers. If you would like a laptop on a reasonable budget most definately give them a look. Even their budget series is well built

Gateway is another acceptable brand in my book, they always treated me well.

Sony and Dell are a nightmare if anything goes wrong, especially sony. If you ever need a replacement part for the sony, hit ebay or throw it away. Dell isnt far behind with their absurd quality of machines in their "budget" class. its made of pudding and dog hair

centrino is a bit outdated now. If you are going to go the intel route I would choose an intel core duo processor, or a turion 64 if you choose amd(basically an athlon 64 mobile)

the amd will be the "budget" route but will of course give you a strong processor and excellent battery life as well. If you go intel core duo there area few versions of the processors that use different wattages affecting battery life, what is more important to you battery life or performance?

Back