• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Get Unlimited space/ bandwidth/no ads/ no banners!!! / cgi/php/ftp.etc

Johnny

b&
b&
Ok this it to everyone that is looking for that.. there is no place that will every give you unlimited space and bandwidth! those are all lys if you see them.. Ok so all you idiots stop posting " I want unlimited space and bandwidth and no ads"

Cause I am tired of seeing all those thread about them!!!
Peo make me moderator of this forum.. and I will help you clean up all these dumb postes.. and I am a fair man. Yes and I also freakout somethimes.. but don't everyone does it? :)

I completly agree with you the unlimted idea. Theres no such thing.

But forum moderator you are going about it in the wrong way. Email Peo your details he'll store them and when he has more moderator postions he may give you one. Asking in public in my opinion is not going to get you anywhere but Peo may think different.

Huh?

Since when is it a moderator's job to "clean up all these dumb postes"??? That's the WORST thing a moderator can do. Methinks you just blew any chance you had of being a moderator - not that you really had a shot in the first place. Every single moderator here has been posting for a number of YEARS! You've been here a couple of weeks at best. See the connection?

A few weeks?!?!
I haven't been posting for a month cause all I see is "how do I get free unlimited space no ads" and all those same crap..!!

I only been on the board for withing a year over 6 months.. and I see a new post like that almost everysingle day.. of those damn posts. I guess you love seeing post like that..

Re: Huh?

Originally posted by Ron Seigel
Since when is it a moderator's job to "clean up all these dumb postes"??? That's the WORST thing a moderator can do. Methinks you just blew any chance you had of being a moderator - not that you really had a shot in the first place. Every single moderator here has been posting for a number of YEARS! You've been here a couple of weeks at best. See the connection?

I agree. If you cleaned up what you think were 'dumb posts' then a lot of people wouldn't get their questions answered. Say someone asked 'IS THERE ANY HOSTS WITH FTP?!?!'. You might delete it think it's 'dumb' but this clueless person wouldn't get their question answered.

Methinks like Ronthinks you did blow any chance you had, and mealsothinks that you just want to be a moderator cause you think it's some kind of little coveted achievment(sp?). The reason for moderators is to help people. Would deleting what you think are 'dumb' questions, but might be a question that someone really needs an answer to be helping? NOPE.

Respect your elders!

I landed on these forums in late december of 1999, and Ron was here way before any of us, and I belive Greg is also a senior.

Not to mention everytime you delete a post for unlimited space, someone else looking for the same thing will ask again, not knowing its taboo around here...

Maybe we should put it in bold at the top of the forum...haha :D

If you were are this forum before this vb was install.. you will see new thread saying "unlimite space and no ads" a few times a week.. all those are non sence when they can just scroll down!! and get there damn answer that there is no free unlimited space with no ads!

Originally posted by Johnny
If you were are this forum before this vb was install.. you will see new thread saying "unlimite space and no ads" a few times a week.. all those are non sence when they can just scroll down!! and get there damn answer that there is no free unlimited space with no ads!

i believe moderators must "speak english", or at least pretend to...

Originally posted by stu
i believe moderators must "speak english", or at least pretend to...

i agree. johnny's posts are piss poor in the way of readability(sp? word?). half the time i can't read your sentances, if you even wanna call them that. how old are you johnny? 9? 10?

ok well I'm new here and I have gotta say that, although I probably wouldn't post "unlimited no ads blah blah blah", you can't go around judging people just because of that. I mean for EVERYONE here there was a time when you were new to the whole thing, and had no idea and you probably went looking to learn or get help from *suprise* a message board. There's no need to flame someone for it.

And if you're going to, then maybe you should have a warning in big bold letters "Do not ask what we consider stupid questions cos we'll yell at ya for it cause we've been here longer and we think we're better than you".

The above was for the assholes who were whinging. The rest of you guys rock :)

LOL...

I never notice my sp. I am a very busy man.. so I type really fast.. so I never read what I write.. so you will see alot of grammer problems.. and I see many people here are using cap after each sentence. I don't cause I think that is a waste of time..

And to you! I know you want to ask "where can I get unlimited space ..etc" if those people would just fing scroll down the page they will get there answer on unlimited space!

I have to agree with lucid.

Johnny > Look at the board and read all the threads asking for the unlimited... They're all askin for something different like .rar or .waw etc. They have mostly a reason for opening a new thread. And if you're so busy why do you want to be a moderator?

If you just explained nicely that for example most FWP's have to get their revenue from somewhere (hence ads) and not acting like a small kid saying: "there's no such thing as unlimited" (of course there isn't and EVERYBODY knows that but it is just a THEORETICAL question. Is space unlimited? Is vacuum empty?.)

This is a Freewebspace forum that should discuss providers. I have been asking many questions conserning FWP's but got 0 or very few answers...and threads like this are growing...sad.

And yes I'm new. But this ain't the place for just the old ones boosting their ego.

Ok just had to say something. Peace.

I apologize if our posts seem critical. They (at least mine) were not intended to be so. Sometime we just get frustrated about things that keep popping up.

I really think that there should be a disclaimer abuot unlimited webspace, etc. so new posters wont waste their time or get flamed by other posters.

Its not the purpose of this board to flame or alienate posters. I believe most of my posts (except those against warez guys :)) are neutral in their respect, and if you have problems with my posts, please email me and I will modify them...

Here's to intelligent discourse (if that ever exists) :D

Originally posted by top
I have to agree with lucid.

Johnny > Look at the board and read all the threads asking for the unlimited... They're all askin for something different like .rar or .waw etc. They have mostly a reason for opening a new thread. And if you're so busy why do you want to be a moderator?

If you just explained nicely that for example most FWP's have to get their revenue from somewhere (hence ads) and not acting like a small kid saying: "there's no such thing as unlimited" (of course there isn't and EVERYBODY knows that but it is just a THEORETICAL question. Is space unlimited? Is vacuum empty?.)

This is a Freewebspace forum that should discuss providers. I have been asking many questions conserning FWP's but got 0 or very few answers...and threads like this are growing...sad.

And yes I'm new. But this ain't the place for just the old ones boosting their ego.

Ok just had to say something. Peace.

Top,
What are .rar and waw? they are only compress files that all I know what they are.. and If you really come here alot you will see same threads.. " unlimited space, bandwidth,ftp, and no ads" guranntee.. and people who responds to those post the answers are there aren't any unlimited space.. so if another person comes and ask for "unlimited space, bandwidth,ftp, and no ads, php, cgi, mysql" what is the differents.. its the same.. they are just gonna get the same damn answer .. "there aren't any place that give unlimited space.

Now to me that is just plain stupid asking the same question that someone asked.

BTW I bet most of you came to this post and found out that there aren't unlimited space and got pissed. right?

[Edited by Johnny on 11-07-2000 at 01:32 PM]

Yes I've been visiting this forum for about a year now, now and then. Since I moved my site to a FWP, I think it was november -99..and thanks to the helpful people I found a good host (just the damn popups and now too little space, virtualave btw). It was the same then if someone asked for unlimited etc. You should't pay so much attention to the word 'unlimited'...I think you should read it 'best/biggest possible' and answer nicely if answering. The people asking those things really want an answer and possibly don't have the time to search and try different hosts. If you don't want to answer the questions then don't. I hope that someone will and the other messsages will still be there to be read at 'older msgs'.

> BTW I bet most of you
> came to this post and
> found out that there aren't
> unlimited space and got pissed. right?

I was just curious that who's asking that again ;)

Originally posted by Johnny
and I see many people here are using cap after each sentence. I don't cause I think that is a waste of time

Hmm, did you submit your resumé in all lowercase letters with poor grammar? I wonder if you got the job...

Originally posted by cds
I really think that there should be a disclaimer abuot unlimited webspace, etc. so new posters wont waste their time or get flamed by other posters.

Excellent idea! A freewebspace.net MB FAQ/Intro. Peo, what do you think? I'd offer to write it, but I'm not sure I'm qualified...

you know why ppl ask about unlimited space hosts? it's all marketing in which these companies try to get your attention.. xoom does it. crosswinds does it.. and many others do it as well. is there such thing as an unlimited hard drive? course not.. some people take it too literally..

My theory is that people "think" that they need a lot of space, but they really dont. Xoom and the others are tailored more for the beginners, and thus can offer free 'unlimited space' because they know that most people wont use more than a meg or so.

If a user does, then they get suspicious and will check into that account...thats how it always has works, and thats how it always will work...

so, unlimited = as much space as you would typically need for a personal site...not actually unlimited space as these guys advertise...

Back