• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FTP Programs...

Well.. that really narrows it down ;) , but thanks. I guess I should learn to use the little "search" button more :d right now i also use ws_ftp, I just wanted to see what all was out there. btw - I like your quote

LeechFTP is good for mass uploads of entire directories (I found that out after I spent 4 hours uploading PostNuke using SmartFTP).

Yes, I use LeechFTP also for large uploads. I have come across a problem. When I upload updated or edited pages to the internet and then view them on my web browser they stay the same, but on all my friend's comps it shows up right? I have three different computers in two different places and they all do the same thing. Is it because of the FTP program I use or my host or what?
thanks

I use WS_FTP Pro for my uploading...

And yeah, you should try refreshing, clearing out your cache, or maybe just waiting for the host to load it (on some servers, it takes a couple minutes).

I use WS_FTP Pro for my uploading...

And yeah, you should try refreshing, clearing out your cache, or maybe just waiting for the host to load it (on some servers, it takes a couple minutes).
What is clearing out cache? I have deleted all of my temporary internet files if that's what it is. I have also tried all the rest. Eventually it shows up right, but like I said, It shows up right on other people's comps right after I upload the file.

Clearing out your cache (at least most of it) can be done by clearing temporary internet files and history, or to COMPLETELY get rid of your cache, you have to download a program that clears it out (never had to use that though).

Back