• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

From dedicated to dedicated - Anyone?

NetCafe

b&
b&
Fellow hosts,

It might be our system but we simply CANNOT move a reseller from one server to another with cpmove (we have root on both servers with cpanel).

Everytime, the main reseller accounts gets moved while leaving his "babies" behind.

Besides doing it site by site and then allowing the reseller to "own" back his sites, anything else we are missing out?

Learned hosts? Anyone?

I normally do this for LARGE accounts:

1. GO into client Cpanel via whm and generate a full backup then move it into their public_html directory
2. Log into new server and:

CD /root
wget http://address/backup.tar.gz

3. Then log into WHM on new server and click restore backup and type the username, should do it!

Regards
Danny

Does this move his babies togetehr with him? IE the accounts owned by him and resold by him?

Will the restore by cp also restore all his babies?

If it works, that would be great. cpanel should really look into this!

No it doesnt lol

Sorry forgot about the babies lol

Using multiple transfer is probably best, if he has big logs, just delete his logs

Well its ur server only cause i just move the entire server with resellers to new server , but note that the nameservers will have large issues as new ips will need to be assigned and which cannot be done unless ur resellers change it first to default in their domain registrar.

I used Tranfer option in WHM using the copy multiple accounts, And used root login to move from first one to new one. Oh not if u have root i hope u do have shell cause this transfer is done via ssh from old to new . And yes it copies the reseller owned accounts also. Or if that fails just do it manually using shell .

1. in the old server: /scripts/pkgacct username
2. move it to the new server, put it to /home
3. in the new server: /scripts/restorepkg username

Later.

Never had an issue with moving resellers. Reseller privileges and ownership should be restored from the other servers WHM backups.

Probelm is when we used root to restore, it doesnt move the babies at all although the reseller priv gets moved.

If you have root access to both server and both server are running Cpanel. You should try this option via root WHM

1. "Copy multiple accounts from another server"
2. Enter IP and root password, and click "Grab Account List"
3. Scroll to the bottom where it says "Reseller", select the reseller that you want, and click "Select Matching Reseller Accounts"
4. Double check to see whether or not the reseller itself is selected as well.
5. Click Copy and wait until it is done

I hope this is helpful for you

Regards,

Last edited:
Back