• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Freezoka.ws disappeared?

amberli

I just went to view the website that I am building but received a HTTP 404 Not Found error. I tried going to the hosts main website, Freezoka.ws but it now just redirects to some other irrelevant site. It was working the other day! :eek3: I notice also that other people's sites who are hosted on Freezoka are no longer there.

Is anyone else here with them? Any idea when/if they'll be back?

The problem for me is that I need a host that allows me to use my own HTML, much like the old Geocities did. Most other sites have templates; it's very difficult to find any hosts where you can paste and edit your HTML directly.

Not that it matters now since I had not had a chance to back up my edited version of my HTML from Freezoka, so I've lost my entire site now anyway. :cry2:

They are resellers of a service called Youhosting.com. Those people aren't allowed to advertise here, but there are plenty of them around. If you really want to go back to a host like that, I'm sure I can find you one. They all use the same servers, control panels, etc.

And always, always, always back up your data.

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to save my data after all! I tried logging in to the FTP editing panel that Freezoka gave me when I signed up and luckily my HTML files were all still there! I quickly copied them!!

Yes, I'd like something similar, just a basic free host with no pop ups that lets me use my own HTML. But perhaps a little more reliable than the last one... :lol:

Always take backups of your data. You never know what can happen using even the best providers. https://mybackupbox.com/ or similar services can help you do that with only FTP access. You can back it up to your local PC or even a service like Dropbox.

As far as the provider, Youhosting.com doesn't have the highest quality platform. With that said, it it still an instant signup free provider that is still here after several years. That counts for something. If you would like a better provider, you can take a look http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?32-Free-hosting-offers or post a request http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Free-hosting-requests. You'll get plenty of replies back. Don't forget us at AS too. (See my signature.) Its just a forum for now, but we've been here a very long time!

I think that the freezoka.ws got expired and now it may be in the hands of the website.ws (GDI) team. This is a tragedy since may be lots of people who have registered with them will have problems.

I think that the freezoka.ws got expired and now it may be in the hands of the website.ws (GDI) team. This is a tragedy since may be lots of people who have registered with them will have problems.

It doesn't expire for another 2 days.

Plenty of alternatives out there if you are willing to use FTP and notepad to develop your site instead of provided templates and editing tools.

It sounds like just another case of a host dissappearing. This still does happen all the time.

Back