• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

freehu (ex: realwebmasters.net) dies at last

Loon

For those that don't know.

I am sorry to announce that our beloved FreeHu suddenly died two days ago.

The main reason for the death is unknown but webmaster's initial conclusion stated that it was due to the poor cashflow, which in turn caused a money problem.

The company was forced to turn off all life support machines (the servers) and the death was proclaimed. Due to this, the brain (hard disks) is inactive and we are unable to obtain the data that FreeHu held.

The funeral has already taken place, in a quiet opening in the nearby woods, and only those closest to FreeHu were invited.

May peace be with them (servers)!

==

Okay, enough of the story, and for those who did not understand, the servers are now turned off and are being shipped back to the UK. All data is gone and FreeHu has gone.

I didn't actually think it would last as long as it did, but we all knew it would die soon enough.

Another lesson to free hosts thinking of offering stupid amounts of space and transfer, and expecting to survive on a few affiliate programs - bad idea :classic2:

well i dont know why i cantt sign up when i fll in the second page info now i pres continue i get HTTP 404 ERROR dont know why plz help

** watches as idiots signs up for the 4th time making this guy rich while they get their pages deleted after 1 month again ***

Their website and forums were hosted seperatley from the hosting servers, if you go to their forums you'll find that message ^ as a sticky thread in the top of every section. if you go to any of the hosting servers you'll see they have all been cleared.

well i dont know why i cantt sign up when i fll in the second page info now i pres continue i get HTTP 404 ERROR dont know why plz help

Did you not even read what i posted? why are you trying to sign up lol

Or someone who really wants hundred of megs for free. And he might just not believe what Loon said.. :)

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.freehu.com Port 80

Looks like another free host down the drain.

Shame to see them go, I never like seeing free hosts close down.

:confused2 What happened to them? Lack of cash or..?

What happened to them? Lack of cash or..?
Without knowing anything about this company, I'm willing to guess that they were giving away hosting accounts for free. They somehow thought they could turn a profit doing this, and it turns out they were wrong. So now they are cutting their losses.

Would anyone who knows more about the company care to elaborate? Im curious myself. They must have had some type of revenue stream ... right ? .... RIGHT ?

Originally posted by otherground
Without knowing anything about this company, I'm willing to guess that they were giving away hosting accounts for free. They somehow thought they could turn a profit doing this, and it turns out they were wrong. So now they are cutting their losses.

Would anyone who knows more about the company care to elaborate? Im curious myself. They must have had some type of revenue stream ... right ? .... RIGHT ?

Correct. However, they expected to host 500 mbs* for each account; well hosts cant stand long like this.**

They also had bad server timeouts and such; people have discussed in here; and well they had a very weird affilating program that didnt last; if i knew what those words were then i could of signed up.

*unless if they restrict file types.
**unless if people change file names on their content :(

as they offer 500m and more space. i feel they can not pay for so much bandwith, if they only offer free host ,and get incoming from the ads ,they will down soon or later:(

Back