• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FreeBSD

foo2thabar

NLC
Finally got FreeBSD set up on all my shit. Following 11-STABLE.

I was using Arch Linux on my desktop for years. Now it's running FreeBSD. Good nVidia support.

Thinkpad X240 for my laptop. I was using OpenBSD for years on that, because OpenBSD has phenomenal hardware support when it comes to Thinkpads. Got FreeBSD set up on that with a little tweaking. And my battery life went up by two hours. One with just FreeBSD, two with powerdxx as a drop-in replacement for powerd. Plus FreeBSD just feels faster than OpenBSD for daily home use.

Feels good man.

I still am going to use OpenBSD on my miscellaneous servers, that shit's on locc.

clicky for big pic

[edit]
That wallpaper looks really bright, must be the compression. It's darker and easier to read the transparent terminals on my setup.

Last edited:
Lol, I tried to install Linux Ubuntu a couple of months ago as a dual boot with Windows 10 on my Desktop. I f*cked up somewhere tho, windows was gone:D

Lol, I tried to install Linux Ubuntu a couple of months ago as a dual boot with Windows 10 on my Desktop. I f*cked up somewhere tho, windows was gone:D
Haha. Lemme guess, it just magically disappeared because Linux is so great, right?

If you ever get tired of the bloat of Ubuntu and/or the systemd fiasco (it's becoming GNU/SystemD/Linux rather than GNU/Linux now), give Void Linux a shot. It's a Linux distro created by a former NetBSD dev and it's quite nice.

Back