• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Year of Webhosting Contest!

Robert

NLC
NLC
Dimension 8 Webhosting is holding a contest!

What Kind of Contest?

Dimension 8 is looking for a new look and that is why we are holding this contest. Whoever can design us a 1 page template for us to use as the new design of our site will win the following:

» 1 Year Webhosting
» 100mb of Space
» 5GB Of bandwidth
» 25 Pop3 User Accounts
» FTP Access
» Php4
» MySQL
» Perl
» Control Panel
» Your domain hosted or a subdomain
» No Ads
» Option to purchase extra year of hosting for half price (or 10% off of any of our other hosting packages)

Note: If your design wins, we will host your site at no charge as as long as we use the design. So if we use your design for 5 years, you get 5 years of free hosting!

Requirements

» The design has to be a 1 page template, so we can use PHP and make the rest of the site.

» Flash is not allowed. All coding must be in HTML and the use of Gifs/Jpegs are permitted. However, the main contents must be in HTML format so we can edit it later.

» Your logo must be original, please do not use our logo, we want to change our entire site.

» Please place all credits (links back to your site and so on) at the bottom of the page. Not at the top.

» Your design must be ORIGINAL. Anyone caught or believed to have copied someone elses design will have their contest entry removed.

» Please try not to use frames. Instead, use tables. It's much easier for us as well as the visitor to view and surf the site.

» If your design wins, Dimension 8 becomes the sole owner of the design, however, we will keep your link at the bottom of all pages. At no time may you request to have the design taken down or use legal actions to force us to take the design down. This is considered a legal contract, you agree to give us full ownership of the design as long as we keep a link back to your site/email address at the bottom. As long as we use your design, you get hosted by us at no extra charge.

How To Enter

Once you've completed the entire design, please upload it to a temporary URL and send us an email to webmaster@dim8.net with the following information:

» Your full name
» Your email address
» URL where we can find the design
» Your Age
» URL to your website

Please make sure the subject is "Design Contest".

Note: Please do not enter our contest until you HAVE finished the design.

Deadline

All entries must be recieved by July 31, 2001. Please read the "How To Enter" section on how to correctly enter our contest.

Winners will be announced on August 1, 2001 and will be contacted on August 1, 2001.

More Information

If you would like more information about our contest, please visit
http://www.dim8.net/contest.htm or email s at sales@dim8.net or...

AIM: Dim8Web
Yahoo!: Dim8Web

Have a fantastic day!

Last edited:
That's one thing I forgot to mention.. frames are really not wanted. I've never liked frames because back then a lot of internet users had browsers that didn't support frames. Now it seems everyone uses a browser that supports frames but please try to do everything without frames, like technics says, whatever can be done with frames can be done in tables. =)

Thanks for your interest in helping us out.

I want to also bring up one more issue, a few people have asked me how trustful I am. They are a little worried that they'll make a great design and win and than I won't give them the hosting inreturn. I've been a member on this forums for quit some time now and everyone knows that I do business the right way. So don't be afraid, if I tell you I am going to do something, trust me, I'll do it!

Robert is trustworthy, I also know he'll have no problems supplying the 1 years hosting as well. Insider information :D

Originally posted by robert

Whoever can design us a 1 page template for us to use as the new design of our site will win the following:

» 1 Year Webhosting
» 100mb of Space
» 5GB Of bandwidth
» 25 Pop3 User Accounts
» Php4
» MySQL
» Perl
» Control Panel
» Your domain hosted or a subdomain
» No Ads
» Option to purchase extra year of hosting for half price (or 10% off of any of our other hosting packages)

I'm sorry if I missed it or something but what about ftp accounts?

Oops.. I never did mention that now did I. Of course FTP access is allowed. =) That's 25 FTP Accounts.. (25 pop3 users). Each pop3 gets it's own FTP account with the amount of space you set. Each username you create gets it's own URL ...yourdomain.com/~username with an FTP account and an email address with it's own protected folder. =)

I've edited the post as needed. Thanks a lot!

Yup.. you have to be at least 65 years old.. lol just kidding. Age doesn't matter, we just want to know how old the designer is. Please don't lie.. your age will not harm you!

One more note, this is a contest for 1 free year of hosting or however many years we use your design.

Please don't email us showing us a template you've designed and than adding you don't want the free hosting but want $100-$150 dollars. It's a contest. If we wanted to pay $100-$150 dollars for a design, we would have. All those entries will be deleted.

I've recieve a few emails trying to exchange the design for cash, once again, it's contest for 1 free year of hosting.

Originally posted by Technics
anything u can do in frames can be done in tables.

If you want to do a major site re-design, frames can make it easier.... Or a minor one for that matter. I have a framed section of my site which is a menu. For awhile anyway, that menu was added to every few days or so. Would be a big pain if that same menu appeared in a table on every page, instead of once in a frame on the left side. :)

or you can use IFRAME, but that's worse than the regular FRAMESET, because even less browsers support that

Back