• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE Website Hosting - 5GB Disk Space - 10GB Bandwidth - THIS IS HUGE!!!

Just leave the domain blank if you do not wish to host your own domain name on our free hosting service. You do not need to enter a value here if you just want a free subdomain.

Thanks
Fizwig Support

how to use our own domain on fizwig free hosting account

Farshidonline, sorry we cannot enable JailedShell access for the free hosting service. Try our premium hosting for JailedShell access.

ifeallday1, I will answer you questions below...
Do you force ads on the pages that we create for free?
Yes there are forced ads on your free hosting account.
Do you have a list of sites being hosted on your site for us to look at?
Trying searching 'fizwig.com' for examples of sites on our free hosting accounts
Do we have our own Domain name or do we adapt your name.
(ex. www.yourname.com/ourname)
You get a free subdomain with your account name eg. youraccount.fizwig.com and you can also host your own domain on the free hosting service as well. Just set the name servers to ns1.fizwig.com and ns2.fizwig.com.

I hope this answered your questions.

Thanks
Fizwig Support

Hi Fizwig Support Team,

I have an existing domain : psynergism.com
and I would like to use this domain with free web hosting on fizwig.
Could you please let me know exactly how to set the domain name servers to
ns1.fizwig.com and ns2.fizwig.com

On making this change, should I be able to see the same webpage that I can see on thru the url: http://pbanerje.fizwig.com

thanks in advance

pbanerje, you will needed to log into your domain registrar's admin and change the dns settings for the domain there. Exactly which domain registrar is the domain registered through? I might be able to give you a little more specific instructions if you let me know. It can take up to 48 hours for the domain to propagate so the change in most cases wont be instant. When you add a domain to an existing free subdomain account you will have access to both your subdomain and domain accounts... although they are still separate accounts. So if you will need to copy the files from your subdomain to your domain to see the same as on your subdomain.

romeo_2005, yes we can host your domain. If you sign up for an free account you can specify a domain that you want to host with us at this time. Once you have done so just set the domains nameservers to ns1.fizwig.com and ns2.fizwig.com.

Thanks
Fizwig Support

y?

FizWig, everytime I go to my homepage on my Fizwig account, its automatically relocating me to your homepage. Why is this?

Hi ssd, let me know what your account name is and I will take a look for you.

Thanks
Fizwig Support

azoundria, Thanks for your opinions. Please find my replies below.

Firstly after registering you receive the following message
"Confirmation email sent...
We have just sent an email at the email you entered. In order to create the account, please follow the instructions from the email."
I thought that is pretty clear on what to do next.

Registering requires your last name for security reasons, if you feel its a breach of privacy, use a fake name :) Our registration process is rather standard as far as registration goes, I am not sure why you think it is not.

As far as the webtools go, I think they are very intuitive and very straight forward to use. I honestly couldn't think of an easier way to lay them out?!? Different people use the different webtools more then others so laying them out in your suggestion doesn't really make sense.

We provide the WYSIWYG editor for people that are not versed in HTML script so they are able to create and edit pages as easily as possible. Once again its rather standard as far as WYSIWYG editors. There is a Source button in the top left which allows you to switch between html and preview screens.

Please remember that our service is free so the man hours that go into development and maintenance of the service is completely unpaid... also the amount of money that goes into our servers is considerable which comes out of our pockets as well. I think our service is second to none when it comes to free web hosting and I know a lot of people that would agree.

Thanks
Fizwig Support

CynthiaFinnegan, yes you can host uni.cc domains on our free service.
redearth, no sorry we do allow phpproxy to be run on the server even if it is for personal use.

Also just a quick note to let everyone know we have just completed a major upgrade of our servers to provide an even faster service.

Thanks
Fizwig Support

Fizwig, I have signed up for a free account and it wont even send me a registration email. This is the second time I have signed up and the first time it sent me the email but when I clicked the link it came up with a page saying error. Any help would be appreciated.
My account names are Tempest and Tempest1212 that i signed up with.

I just got another domain and was wondering if I could apply for more than one site?

Yes of course you can, by your DNS settings in your domain name, by creating a CN (or Alias). Fizwig provides only one extra domain name per free account.

Tell me if you need more assistance about that :)

Best regards,

Fizwig Support

Back