• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free VPS's?

lots of them are used for low/medium traffic websites, a few gamesevers, 1 dns server and 2 free hosts using a free control panel. 33 VPSs, 3 for me the rest are given away. The smaller plan (64mb ram) get kept the shortest amount of time, usually 1-2months

You have 33 vpses and you're not monitoring a single one?... :eek3:

My suggestion is to make the requirement on monthly basis. Or the people will get your free VPS and then abandon it whenever they have a high end VPS. That's loss for you.

Thats proberbly true. I would like to hire those VPS's per year to make some kind of deal with hosts.

And if he keeps like that I wouldn't doubt about calling him someone who don't com ply witht their promises. Sorry but too much for mothloy, or ever yearly.

Higher post count can reduce the free VPS provider work loads on filtering abusers.
If the abusers had made damages, even if you suspended the abuser, it will not makes any difference, as the data center had put you in the black list and kick you out when another abuser give troubles again.

Yea but on the long run it cant be done. People have lives to live. 500 posts is more than 15 a day. Only if I made a program to fetch the news from CNN BBC... but copycats are not allowed.

The specs for the vps you are willing to provide are also very low. I doubt anyone will sign up to it. 500 posts monthly can guarantee a VPS with:

OOM = Out of mind

Now that's a nice payback.

Edit: sorry, I see you did say one time. Might want to increase RAM to 2 GB, DS to 50, CPU, 2 GHZ and BW to 2TB. Else it's very low, and too much work for nothing.
P.s: thanks for the nice repo:
You are looking for a free VPS and hope to for 1 which have low post, aren't you?

Last edited:
Yea but on the long run it cant be done. People have lives to live. 500 posts is more than 15 a day. Only if I made a program to fetch the news from CNN BBC... but copycats are not allowed.

The specs for the vps you are willing to provide are also very low. I doubt anyone will sign up to it. 500 posts monthly can guarantee a VPS with:

Edit: sorry, I see you did say one time. Might want to increase RAM to 2 GB, DS to 50, CPU, 2 GHZ and BW to 2TB. Else it's very low, and too much work for nothing.

I found that you are persuading VPS and Hosting providers to lower down their post count requirement around this forum.
Are you actually attempt to bring down the post count requirement become lower so that it will be easy for you to obtain these accounts?
There is no free lunch in this world, you know?
Even if you don't pay for the lunch, you still have to work hard for getting the lunch without paying.
It is not up to you for bargain while you are not paying it with cash.
:)

You're out of your mind if you think someone can/should offer those specs for free.

polieleos7777 want something for free, but refuse to pay.
And even refuse to post with appropriate amount of forum post in those P2H forums.
To be honest, even with 500 post a month, the most a person will usually get a VPS for free, would be only 50GB space and 500GB bandwidth with decent amount of RAM.
And it will not be something as huge as a dedicated server.

polieleos7777 want something for free, but refuse to pay.
And even refuse to post with appropriate amount of forum post in those P2H forums.
To be honest, even with 500 post a month, the most a person will usually get a VPS for free, would be only 50GB space and 500GB bandwidth with decent amount of RAM.
And it will not be something as huge as a dedicated server.

Wow, my error then.

And you should be thankful that someone willing to offer the VPS for free and only request for posting in their forum.

If he doesn't, someone else will take his spot.

Well, until this point, how many host which provide VPS for free able to survive until now?
At this moment, I only notice less than 3 in this forum.
The reason why there is so less host that give away free VPS and only request for posting in their forums, it is because the high post count and strict rules applies as the condition of applying these VPS.
Those that only require very low post count and very high specs for the free VPSes, usually will only be able to stay for a couple of months, then gone for good.

So when people give away things for free, you should be thankful, not demanding for something you shouldn't even ask for!

You are not even paying a penny to him for the VPS, remember?
And now you act like you deserve to get everything for free and have the rights to ask for more?
Are you out of your mind?

Wow, sorry for that. Don't get angry.
I was just saying that 500 posts is too much, nothing more. Maybe my arguments are raw, but that's how I felt.

Wow, sorry for that. Don't get angry.
I was just saying that 500 posts is too much, nothing more. Maybe my arguments are raw, but that's how I felt.

I do think that 500 post will be a suitable amount of post for a free VPS which does not even need to pay a penny.
With this high amount of post count requirement, people will actually prefer to go for cheap VPS.
And when they pay for it with their own money, they will be more careful on what they going to host, as they will fear to losing the VPS which they pay with their own money.
With this high amount, those email spammers will not going to attempt to get one for setting up a spam server, as they will think it is wasting a lot of their time. They are intended to use the VPS for a few days for spamming out emails anyway, so it is going to be not worth for them to post that much forum post to change for a VPS which they going to use only a few days.

I do think that 500 post will be a suitable amount of post for a free VPS which does not even need to pay a penny.
With this high amount of post count requirement, people will actually prefer to go for cheap VPS.
And when they pay for it with their own money, they will be more careful on what they going to host, as they will fear to losing the VPS which they pay with their own money.
With this high amount, those email spammers will not going to attempt to get one for setting up a spam server, as they will think it is wasting a lot of their time. They are intended to use the VPS for a few days for spamming out emails anyway, so it is going to be not worth for them to post that much forum post to change for a VPS which they going to use only a few days.

You haven't mentioned 1 nifty little problem:
Not everyone has a credit card or paypal account so they need free or no deal. Also there's currency conversion. No matter if it's $0,01 or $10000, they can't pay.

You haven't mentioned 1 nifty little problem:
Not everyone has a credit card or paypal account so they need free or no deal. Also there's currency conversion. No matter if it's $0,01 or $10000, they can't pay.

If a person is going to host an important website, do you think they will not find a way to make the payment?
This is no longer an excuse, some host do accept bank-in payment, and some host do accept mail in payment.
If the think these 2 type of payment methods are troublesome, they can ask people who have credit card to make payment for them, and they just pay back the credit card owner.
And there is something called "Debit Card".
If a person can't even afford to have "Debit Card" or ask people who have credit card to make payments for them, I don't think they have the money to pay for Internet bills at all.
Even an underage kid can request their parents to make payment for them if the website they are hosting are safe and legit in the eyes or their parents.

Back