• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free VPS Request

polieleos7777

Since I saw the old request failed due to me not posting enough details, here it goes:

I want a VPS for free or sponsored with:

10 GB (or higher) space
256 MB RAM (or higher)
50 GB band (or higher)

Should you decide to give more, thanks!

Usage, and other things would be discussed in private.

Please refrain from posting known vps providers (ie: ---------, freevps.us)

As you might know there are none low end providers on FWS.

So quit trying and waste our time :lol:

What is it you intend to do with this VPS that you aren't willing to earn the money to pay for one?

A VPS of the size you seek should only cost between $5 and $10 a month at most. Spend an hour or two a month doing chores for the neighbor if you're that hard up for cash, or spend a little less on videogames each month if needed. When I was a teenager, I'd work the local farms for $5 an hour to get the pocket change I needed for my projects. Mostly shovelling manure or washing fruits, but I eventually got to run the bigger machines and drive the tractors.

Even if you're disabled to the extent of being wheelchair-bound, there are still plenty of odd jobs you could do to earn such a small amount of money any of which would get you a lot more reliable results than going around begging for a sponsorship.

Because if you say that you want this VPS to start a free host with, I am going to again remind you that free hosting is an incredible amount of work for near-zero rewards. It's to the point now that even people who have been in business for several years have been closing down because they just plain aren't making ends meet anymore, and hosts like mine are struggling to make headway at all in a market that is totally saturated and very much shrinking as time goes on.

Last edited:
Since I saw the old request failed due to me not posting enough details, here it goes:

I want a VPS for free or sponsored with:

10 GB (or higher) space
256 MB RAM (or higher)
50 GB band (or higher)

Should you decide to give more, thanks!

Usage, and other things would be discussed in private.

Please refrain from posting known vps providers (ie: ---------, freevps.us)

This make me cry on the floor laughing. Those are the only providers that will take a chance and offer a free VPS. No reliable hosting company will provide you a VPS for free.
I'm more-or-less stating this for your own benefit. Stop asking and wasting time. Get a job, earn money, buy a VPS of your own, and then go from there.

Also, you said you want this so you can run a free host. Why wouldn't a reseller plan work? Why not youhosting? I think there's some other reason you want a VPS, and it's not to run a host. I'm guessing it's either Minecraft, or something illegal, because you don't need a VPS to run a free host.

Do you have cash, or the ability to get cash?

Yes I do, but I will not send it over to a random company for a low end VPS.

Sorry.

Also, you said you want this so you can run a free host. Why wouldn't a reseller plan work? Why not youhosting? I think there's some other reason you want a VPS, and it's not to run a host. I'm guessing it's either Minecraft, or something illegal, because you don't need a VPS to run a free host.

Sure. Minecraft. Please, continue on with that nonsense.

It's to run a freehosting comapny. I can't install software like Kloxo or FFMPEG, or Ruby on youhosting, do I? Their servers are as restricted as hell, and sorry, as I said above, no money.

Yes I do, but I will not send it over to a random company for a low end VPS.

Sorry.

Sure. Minecraft. Please, continue on with that nonsense.

It's to run a freehosting comapny. I can't install software like Kloxo or FFMPEG, or Ruby on youhosting, do I? Their servers are as restricted as hell, and sorry, as I said above, no money.

If you have cash, then buy from a reputable company.

No, a few reputable companies on the web accept cash if you send it within a week or two of the payment date. It is possible, especially fully expanded companies which have their own business/mailing address.

Get somebody to write a check for you? Surely somebody would take your cash and give you a check in return.

What's in it for the company that gives you a VPS? Nothing? They're just supposed to give you a VPS 100% free of charge? You're out of your mind.

I never said 100% free of charge. I said sponsorship, and terms should be discussed in private.

For all the other work, sorry, I can't be bothered.

For all the other work, sorry, I can't be bothered.

If you can't be bothered to work for something, then how can any potential sponsors be sure you're going to do the work needed to fufill your end of any agreement they might offer. I was just thinking earlier that I might be nice and actually sponsor you for a month to see what you are capable of making, but if you're not willing to work for what you want I can be pretty certain that a month would pass with nothing at all to show, and I'd have wasted my $5 paying for that VPS.

Servers are not toys for you to play with at someone else's expense. If you want to just experiment, put together a system out of local garbage to tinker on. Unless you're willing to commit to the work involved in maintaining a server of any kind, you have no business getting a VPS from anyone for any price.

And they are a real hassle to take care of sometimes, particularly when end users start asking for everything without giving anything in exchange for it and being too lazy to do the work involved in getting it themselves or at least paying for the services they are getting.

Last edited:
I never said 100% free of charge. I said sponsorship, and terms should be discussed in private.

What terms? You said you can't make any payments, so like I said, what's in it for the provider? Like Seraphim, I was thinking about giving you a VPS, just like we offered your buddy MTW. Decker beat me to it, and made a complete fool out of MTW.

Damn..."You must spread some reputation around..." Sorry Seraphim! Haha!

If you can't be bothered to work for something, then how can any potential sponsors be sure you're going to do the work needed to fufill your end of any agreement they might offer. I was just thinking earlier that I might be nice and actually sponsor you for a month to see what you are capable of making, but if you're not willing to work for what you want I can be pretty certain that a month would pass with nothing at all to show, and I'd have wasted my $5 paying for that VPS.

Servers are not toys for you to play with at someone else's expense. If you want to just experiment, put together a system out of local garbage to tinker on. Unless you're willing to commit to the work involved in maintaining a server of any kind, you have no business getting a VPS from anyone for any price.

And they are a real hassle to take care of sometimes, particularly when end users start asking for everything without giving anything in exchange for it and being too lazy to do the work involved in getting it themselves or at least paying for the services they are getting.

What terms? You said you can't make any payments, so like I said, what's in it for the provider? Like Seraphim, I was thinking about giving you a VPS, just like we offered your buddy MTW. Decker beat me to it, and made a complete fool out of MTW.

Damn..."You must spread some reputation around..." Sorry Seraphim! Haha!

sorry.. I did not meant to hurt you you, I was referring to that of sending a check, etc. The work I say I will do is forum posting, honest reviews, trying to make a good site, etc. Infact, almost anything that does not require money.

Sorry for the confusion it m ight have created.

Is that offer still valid?

Back