• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE Video Capture Software

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I use teamviewer to do webinars with, for people I help learn how to trade Forex. I love Teamviewer for the features it has, plus that it is free as well, but it takes forever to process the videos from TVS to AVI format.

I was using snagit to record the video, while I used Teamviewer to host the webinar with, but something went wrong, and lately Snagit wants to crash just about every time you use it.

Can anyone recommend a good, free software that will record video, and won't crash on me all the time?

Thanks for any recommendations!

Debut is the best desktop screen recorder I used ever. It is more than a screen recorder, actually, it is a combination of webcam software and screen recorder. Debut allows you to capture the entire screen, a single window or any selection region, adjust the video resolution, size, and frame rate for capture, record videos with many format such as avi, mp4, wmv, and more.

Debut comes with a feature of using video overlay to record your screen and webcam simultaneously, which is the perfect for Youtube videos where you can show both your screen and facial reactions simultaneously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free video recording or screen capturing software might be affordable but they cannot be trust worthy when it comes to performance and tech support required for configuration but OBS is an exception for this.

OBS definitely deserves the first mention, as it is free, open-source and comes with tons of customization options. It has a very simple interface with all the information put in front of you. You are not required to change any special settings, just select the source which you would like to record and start recording.
You can live stream the video over popular websites like, YouTube, Twitch, and Hitbox, etc. or save the video output in your PC for future reference (might have to tweak some settings). It is capable of recording in MP4 and FLV formats and it uses your PC’s GPU for High-Quality streaming.
Apart from basic video recording and saving features, it has many other side features perfect for video tutorials. These features include, Picture-in-Picture mode, Custom Watermarks and Push-to-Talk mode.

Regards,
Adrian

I use MS Teams for my workspace. It captures audio, video and screen sharing activity. It's really easy to use.

Back