• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free templates and on-page SEO

sander k

NLC
Lots of people use free templates for example for WordPress, but Google and other search engines prefer unique content and those free templates look all the same.
Isn't it better to buy a template or build your own, because that way your site will be more unique. With a free template all internal links look the same as well as H1, H2 headers.
For Google and the other search engines unique content is very important, so don't use a free template... right?

I'm going to research this because its a very good point. However, my first thoughts are that content should champion page structure - page structure is essentially the same for most sites and a logical page structure should not be penalised for being logical, i.e. logo and h1 at top with a paragraphs broken up by h2s. Its fair enough getting the style out of the way with CSS to speed up crawling the content and being xhtml compliant is like the cherry on the cake.

Still, we could do with some hard evidence to clarify whats what...

i think that google look your content and not your site code

Google still looks at your code but the only code that matters to search engines are your META Tags etc... Better set-up META Tags, description, title the right way for they will greatly affect your website's ranking.

Thats not true. Search engines still look at meta but it is no longer that important.
You should stay up-to-date.

The ideal is probably to build one from scratch. The more up to date the code probably the better - such as HTML5. Only part that is a bit of a problem is that one has to use special scripts with HTML5 as HTML5 Websites aren't easily read by older versions of the browsers.

I also think the simpler the design the easier it must be for the bots to navigate the content. For that reason I also like HTML5 as it is much simpler code than previous versions of HTML.

I still think it is a good idea however to take an existing template and completely modify it. Particularly if one does not have time to do it from scratch. Or one could do one design from scratch and modify it for other Websites.

Actually Google read everything in your site like page contents, title description, site coding, etc. any violation considers as a plenty.

I do agree with OP, Im not sure that h1,h2 are that important anymore in Google search rankings. Thats just my opinion though.

Hi

Lots of people use free templates for example for WordPress, but Google and other search engines prefer unique content and those free templates look all the same.
Isn't it better to buy a template or build your own, because that way your site will be more unique. With a free template all internal links look the same as well as H1, H2 headers.
For Google and the other search engines unique content is very important, so don't use a free template... right?

Don't even create the website for optimization,the website must be useful and valuable along with this seo it gets ranked automatically.....

using a common template should not decrease your ur seo, however,whatever template you use, the working and signature of wordpress are lawys quite common and visible, so if this is true that common templates decrease search position, than wordpress

Back