• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free storage sites over 50mgs that allow fxp?

imation

i was just wondering if anybody knew any free storage places that I can fxp files too. I know that tripod accepts fxp, but I was just wonderin if there is any other place...

thanks

fxp is...

fxp is the direct transfer from one ftp to another ftp. the files move at the speeds of the ftps, so you can be on a 56k and transfer files at 500+ k/s. flashfxp is the only program that i know of that can do this.

woh! once i was in my bed and dreaming about something like that and duh! it really exsists.. tell me more dude! its a program or a service (Server) ??? any addy for more info. Thanks

more info

well its a pretty cool program and really simple to learn. you can get it at http://www.flashfxp.com

there are a few restrictions though. for example, you can not under any circumstances transfer from an NT ftp server to another NT ftp server. that just doesnt work for some reason. but direct transfer from a UNIX server to an NT does work. but for most FWPs it doesnt work, tripod is the only exception that i know of. i think thats about it, ummm there are tutorials on the subject of fxping but i think they mainly say that transfer cant occur between two NT servers, etc.

There are a lot of programs out there that have FxP built into it. FlashFXP is just one of the widely known programs. Go to like a site called downloads.com or tucows.com and do a search on FXP.

As for free storage place allowing FxP, sorry I haven't seen one yet or you would see me on that by now ;)

Back