• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free SSh Hosting Wanted

ssh hosting is a little hard to come by, because it's a potentially large security risk.

There are plenty of ssh hosts, but they're paid, and do not represent the majority.

I'm sure before anyone will give you free ssh, they would want to know what you're going to use it for?

no its for forum

its not for ircd , i wanna make vb forum and i dont have good connection i":s

plz put any

MY Connection IS Very Slow i cant Upload Via FTp :S also my works need good connection :S

Do u Have or u know Any
??????

Regards

If you get a SSH access, you will not have wget for free.

You can upload slowly, or you can pay for hosting.

SL

Rubbish, copying files over ssh or scp connection is NO quicker than a FTP, how do you think you're going to fool people that actually run servers and use this stuff everyday.

So come up with a reasonable request or pay.

He might mean downloading scripts from external sites, like phpbb, etc. Maybe he has dialup, and he'd rather use wget to get it directly from their site.
Hell, I have adsl, and even I do it that way, just because it takes me half an hour to upload these things on my crappy 256/64.

Though the thing I love ssh more for, is being able to import a database of gigantic proportions in a matter of 2 seconds after uploading it via ftp, something which cpanel and phpmyadmin can't handle real well.

Last edited:
Back