• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free .info

alex666

namesecure.com is giving away 25 free domain names and I want one but they wish to have credit card details so if you ever wanna pay for something you dont have to submit credit card details,can someone signup for me and heres what I can offer
Gmail
Ad on one of my websites
A big thank you
Please i reall need a domain name,someone help us out here
Alex666

There are some .info registrars and agents giving away .info without a credit card required. You would need to search quick though because these offers all end at the end of the month.

if u cud tell us some website which are doin we cud get it faster cuz i search it and really can't find anything like that

GordonH said:
There are some .info registrars and agents giving away .info without a credit card required. You would need to search quick though because these offers all end at the end of the month.
that may be, but we, the people who posted here can not find them, if you have please pm me or just post here. thanks a ton.

yeah i need them too, anyone who knows where we can signup without a credit card or has extra to give away care to pm us or post in this topic? thanks.

OK, I am going to break the forum rules because people keep PM'ing me about this:

You can get a free .info domain here with no credit card:

http://www.nameroute.com/offer.html

However we require valid registrant information.
It is only one free domain per customer.

The other thing is we were planning to stop this offer tommorrow lunch time (24th) basically to reduce the workload over Christmas.
We had no plans to bring it back on the 27th.
Anyway its there for just now if you want to give it a try.

You may well find the requirement is for an identifiable method of confirming you are who you say you are when you register.

Remember websites and domain names can be used for very bad reasons as well as good, and if the domain name holder cannot be traced legal authorities have a hell of a job finding the culprit.

Don't reg for someone else you don't personally have direct contact with, as in know thier address as being a real one or you could end up in real deep *&^%.

For once there is a good reason for needing CC details for a free offer. :)

Decker said:
You may well find the requirement is for an identifiable method of confirming you are who you say you are when you register.

Remember websites and domain names can be used for very bad reasons as well as good, and if the domain name holder cannot be traced legal authorities have a hell of a job finding the culprit.

Don't reg for someone else you don't personally have direct contact with, as in know thier address as being a real one or you could end up in real deep *&^%.

For once there is a good reason for needing CC details for a free offer. :)

But the credit card thing does not really help identify the registrant.
Take a web designer for example.
He will pay with his credit card but register in an entirely different name (his client).

"We compare this to the address given on your credit card payment form. This helps reduce credit card fraud and keep our prices low"

cc or not ?

aki said:
"We compare this to the address given on your credit card payment form. This helps reduce credit card fraud and keep our prices low"

cc or not ?

Read the rest of the form.
Look for where it asks for the credit card info.

But the credit card thing does not really help identify the registrant.
Take a web designer for example.
He will pay with his credit card but register in an entirely different name (his client).
Then they become liable, it's all just a bit of protective pro activity and very understandable.

Hands up all here that have been ripped off and/or had dodgy sites on thier hosting against all T&C's :eek2:

GordonH said:
Read the rest of the form.
Look for where it asks for the credit card info.
i registered without a credit card, so no cc just to clarify for everyone else, and i think today is the last day of free domains.

Back