• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

(Free hosts) Do you back up your client's accounts?

ExaBytes take my backups daily. And I am ready to host my backups on elsewhere too. (In my friends' server. ;) )

I've always made it a priority to backup clients accounts to a remote server or two. Typically I backed up to 2 servers but that was me...

I suppose that is something what client should take care of personally. Web hosting company (free one) is not supposed to take care of that.
Everyone who is using hosting should take care of that, moreover when he is on free web hosting account.

YES!

Technically this is something that the client should take care of, but we ALWAYS backup EVERYTHING... Hourly, nightly, and 4 weekly backups using the .snapshot directory.

All the backups get copied to our local san array in the datacenter and after 1 month are backed up on tape drives for an additional 60 days.

I agree with siberforum.

For most of the free hosts backup will be an additional burden on pocket and hence never worry of backup. But Ultimately, whether the host have the backup facility or not, the customer should always have his backup.

Sometimes free hosting is a kind of promotion,so we should provide backup and other hosting service for them.
when he is on free web hosting account.
He may want a try first then to be the real customer,so we should regard them as important as consumer.

Back