• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosting

Simple question, simple answer. The best is in the eye of the beholder on any given day. The better ones are those who have withstood the test of time and are still there and operating efficiently. :classic2:

Do you have a list of companies or something.

Jan, question why is your custimized tag thingy, or whatever female moderator

Originally posted by jbiz718
Jan, question why is your custimized tag thingy, or whatever female moderator
Maybe because I am female and a moderator??? :p

As for a list, geocities, tripod, ummmmm, that's the only long standing ones that I have experience with. But they are always there, great uptime, just a little lacking in what the the teenie boppers want with scripting etc :classic2:

For all the complains that the host has received, I find Portland to be pretty good for it's price (eg. free). I've had a couple of sites hosted there for as long as 2 years and apart from the occasional hiccups, I have had not much problems with them.

The current downgrading of server side scripting for free users and the occasional downtime was irritating but I reckon that should be expected. A good webmaster would always make backups anyway and there are always 3rd party services that can be used (eg. formmail, forums etc) and integrated pretty seamlessly to the website.

As far as FWS providers that provide server side scripting, the best so far IMHO has been Netfirms and Portland. Just expect the occasional hiccup and you'll do fine :)

Originally posted by bobkee
For all the complains that the host has received, I find Portland to be pretty good for it's price (eg. free). I've had a couple of sites hosted there for as long as 2 years and apart from the occasional hiccups, I have had not much problems with them.

The current downgrading of server side scripting for free users and the occasional downtime was irritating but I reckon that should be expected. A good webmaster would always make backups anyway and there are always 3rd party services that can be used (eg. formmail, forums etc) and integrated pretty seamlessly to the website.

As far as FWS providers that provide server side scripting, the best so far IMHO has been Netfirms and Portland. Just expect the occasional hiccup and you'll do fine :)

I don't find Portland to be horrible, I mean if you can stay under their transfer limit (100mb) then it is a good host. But not even my personal site can stay under that most of the time.

Back