• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosting Request: Mixed Site (Personal/Business/Blog) (Not Again).

Pleiadian

There was one host which I have been back and forth in runarounds for this site to come up. And this is upcoming for a lot of projects which now I have motivation for. So I need a host which has does not go up and down every 5 days. My site is more of a combined personal/business site, my business is mainly freelance, as I am self-employed. People have been asking me about my site, ad I have been frustrated because I have been told that it is always down.

Let me try this specs again...

Webspace: About 250 MB. I have a good amount of sites, but I assure that I don't need a lot of space to do it.
Bandwidth: About 4-5 GB?
CPanel, definitely.
I use subdomains to at least manage this site, with its many subjects. I need at least 5.
I also use a few different email addresses as well to handle any different things. So about 4 or 5 will do.
I have my own domain: blackpleiadian.net.

I can put a banner on the main page only.
Or, I can do post to host, for a few posts, and only one time. I'm not a majorly post-addictive person, since I don't involve myself in much.

Perhaps you shouldn't be running a business site off a free host, if you are sick of downtime?? If you are serious about your business, you need paid hosting, plain and simple, with SLA guarantees, etc. Free hosting is no way to run a business.

It certainly didn't take long for that host to collapse.

My offer from your previous thread is still available if you are interested.

Like I said last time although I do require ads on free sites, it is up to you where they appear in the layout as long as they are visible on the majority of the pages.

Perhaps, WSWD. I just am unsure of paid since I know it is monthly, and I don't get much of a client base to pay per month. 91% of my site is personal anyway, just was floating the business site to show that I makes websites freelance.

As far as Seraphim, a banner on the majority of pages? I'm pondering it. I guess it depends on where it is at. I mean, I could put the ad on the index pages of each main site (I have many sites for different subjects), but since I do HTML from scratch, I don't know.

I know people have been asking about my carnival roadtrip website, which I made just last week, and was upset when the server went down. The host I was at has been going from server to server, and has not answered my recent question about when it was coming back up.

It certainly didn't take long for that host to collapse.

My offer from your previous thread is still available if you are interested.

Like I said last time although I do require ads on free sites, it is up to you where they appear in the layout as long as they are visible on the majority of the pages.

This is a very good host, you should take his offer.

I'm still not sure.

Seraphim, how do you consider 'majority?' People say you're the better host, and having ads on most of my sites does get tedious...

Most of the time people are using a content management system where the ad code can be installed in the templates and automatically appear on the majority of the pages- usually the user profile stuff is not included and that is fine by me.

It depends on the site structure. But ideally it should be on the index/navigation pages, and the bulk of the content pages. User profile stuff or anything that is behind a login doesn't need it.

He is a paid host and he is around for several years.

Two years and 9 months to be exact. SeraphimLabs LLC is also a registered business with the State of New York, and if you really want to be sure that I'm going to look after your data take a look at the study thread that Taophoenix did- it's stickied at the top of the section. I might be the little guy, but I make sure that it gets done.

Also, I do keep backups of client info as well. Just in case anything happens so that I can get it back for you.

I'll 2nd that. Seraphim does a good job.

A paid host who is willing to sponsor you is better than a free host (like I said, huge mistake for a business website) any day of the week.

I'll 2nd that. Seraphim does a good job.

A paid host who is willing to sponsor you is better than a free host (like I said, huge mistake for a business website) any day of the week.

I agree with you.
Although there are some free host who are quite reliable, but still, free hosting are still free hosting. Priority will only be given to paid customers in case of anything happens.

Back