• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free File Storage

Humm, that's strange

I've never saw that before. Did you happen to try to link your file from yahoo briefcase directly to your URL? That changes like every 30min with a new seccion code.

Re:

Then what is a free website provider that doesn't block external linking (like FortuneCity or sometimes Crosswinds) and gives lots of space. Like I said, I don't care if they put ads on your pages. I'm also looking for a provider that supports all types of ZIP files (not warez), not like FortuneCity which doesn't support uploading all types of ZIP files even if they're not warez or if they were under the file-size limit.

Noooooo!!!!!!!!

Anything but Prohosting.com. I got about like 2 gigs of anime fansub on my accounts and prohosting froze all of them!!!!!!! i hate that company. I wonder why some other free programs like prohosting has the same background layouts and signups sheets? Who's behind all of this?

Re: Noooooo!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Arcainic
Anything but Prohosting.com. I got about like 2 gigs of anime fansub on my accounts and prohosting froze all of them!!!!!!! i hate that company. I wonder why some other free programs like prohosting has the same background layouts and signups sheets? Who's behind all of this?

Hmmm, you probably used "excessive bandwidth" with that much
downloads. No free host would allow it. (They would go bankrupt even faster if they did ;) )

No, it's not that...

You see, i didn't even put out URLs to these stuff yet. No one was using it and litterally no bandwidth was used. Later I found out what was wrong with my prohosting account. You see there's this system resource thingy with Prohosting. If they just see you are taking up like 45mb of space, they'd take your account off. I know they don't take account off because of inactivity since I had another account which I hadn't upload anything yet which is still there.

living4.com....

That may sound like a great choice to host your site (it is too) but there's something very suspicious. 500$ per complaint. hummm...... Wonder what that'll do. Anyways, there's a bandwidth limit for your site. like the rest. Although a no file limit and all file type supports are on the plus site. Very good ideal place to build your comprehensive homepage. For little stuff like documents and zipped games. Doubt it can handle streaming media. Does anyone know any sites that can actually handle streaming media that doesn't have a file size limit? The closest thing I've found is "http://www.fateback.com/". One downside though, 5mb file size limit, which is very resonable for some. very very reasonable. It has unlimited bandwidth and 60mb of space. Perfect for starting off your new site. Not recommeded for streaming media to be played on webpages. Once again, does anyone know the site that fit's the criteria for being able to play streaming media directly? Cutting it into 4.99mb pieces are a pain to watch. hummmmm........... That's what I need, more beta testings............................

do u want sumthing like nbci where u just place tha d/l link on ur site and tha d/l window comes up right? well i use them and there max upload limit is 11 mbs and they allow a bunch of file types even .tty/exe/etc.but they seem to be having sum probs with tha ftp because of sum changes but its working for me now but sumtimes it dont so i guess try them if thats wut ur talking about and i uploaded prob over 30 mbs of shiz and its "unlimited" but nbci is rich so it should stay that way but i dunno so try that if ya wont and when tha ftp works its kinda fast not SUPER FAST or nuthing ight peace......

OpiE

So what free online storage site do you guys use and recommend? I want to share my anime clips thur my website but I need a good and reliable host something samiliar to myspace.com before they hit rock bottom.

Re:

----------------------------------------------
quote:
Originalyy posted by OpiE
do u want sumthing like nbci where u just place tha d/l link on ur site and tha d/l window comes up right? well i use them and there max upload limit is 11 mbs and they allow a bunch of file types even .tty/exe/etc.but they seem to be having sum probs with tha ftp because of sum changes but its working for me now but sumtimes it dont so i guess try them if thats wut ur talking about and i uploaded prob over 30 mbs of shiz and its "unlimited" but nbci is rich so it should stay that way but i dunno so try that if ya wont and when tha ftp works its kinda fast not SUPER FAST or nuthing ight peace......
----------------------------------------------

I think NBCi no longer allows free hosting. I think anytime now they will stop all their web hosting.

file storage...

It's bull. Has lots of download limits and since lots of people are using them now, really slow and unreliable. "www.Livin4.com" seems to me like a really good solution. The only thing you need to know about that is that you should get a ip cloaker, or a program that fakes your ip address. Trying to find one right now, if anyone has any of these programs, please tell me.

Okay

I've looked around, it seems that all hosts no longer allow external linking or hotlinking. If I move my site to a provider with no ads, it looks like I'll have to create a download page on the provider I store my ZIP files on. What is a free provider that gives you lots of space, has a big file size limit on ZIP files, and allows ALL types of ZIP files except warez? Please, not Prohosting, Livin4, NBCi, FortuneCity, or Crosswinds.

ight now nbci is just retarded now im gonna use fateback.com..they give u 60mbs and u can sign up as many times as u wont and allow remote linking(cuz i do it) and im not really sure if they allow exe but tha zip is 5mb limit (as sumone said in another post) so check them out and ima try an see if they allow exe...ill just upload a small one to see..so i say try them and there ftp is pretty fast as far as i can tell laterz.......

O how much space do u really need cuz i think all tha free host dont give much neone well cuz they go broke i guess

OpiE

Last edited:
Hey Opie

Does fateback.com allow hotlinking? Is it possible can you post a link to a file or something to see if it works?

Later,

Re:

I think FateBack is the place I'll go with. They support hotlinking and they support uploading EXEs. BTW, there seems to be no ads on my HTML files I upload to FateBack. I read on FateBack's site, I thought they put ads on your site?

Apparently Fateback will have ads in the future but, they haven't implemented them onto pages yet.

Re:

Ope, so I better not put my entire site on FateBack if it will eventually have ads. This way I hopefully won't have to move AGAIN in the future. I'll just put my downloads (ZIPs) and maybe my picture files on FateBack with a download page linking to them on FateBack and I'll find a free provider with no ads to upload my HTML files.

wait a sec on fateback...

well looks like fateback is out for remote linking...they already deleted me.hahahaha and on there rules it says u cant so fudge them..well off to findin another one sorry i firgured it was a good one but i guess u could link tha whole page or sumthing i might do that but i dont wont ne banners but i can....n/m....so i say just make ur pages then make a crap site then just take tha link and put it on tha site wit ur good host or sumthing well i guess ima go make a site really quick .....ight peace

OpiE

Back