• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free File Storage

So that's settled...

Well, fateback is a unlimited bandwidth server unfortunately with a 5mb file size limit. So that's settled. But we need more protection, has anyone found any ip cloaking software, firewall yet? A free brower ip annomolizer in "www.idzap.com" is good but we need something that will secure our uploads too. If anyone finds any firewall, like Freedom Internet Privacy Suit (which actually stops people from looking at your ip address, I'm too cheap to get it. weep.... I'm so under privileged, barely get any allowance). Yeah, if you really tick those free internet hosting service providers off, it'd be at least like a few grands for fauldulent info and profit loss from drains of system resource. Don't like the terms on the front pages of free hosting sites look so good? Then you look a little closer you see, some messed up sh$%t like 500mb bandwidth limits and 1mb file size limits. That's the stuff that gets me all upset. I'm really wondering about fateback though, that unlimited bandwidth's got to have a catch. So I need a internet cloaking device like Freedom Internet Privacy Suit at www.netzero.com. But too cheap to get it. Can't find any programs like that either, sigh... Please contact me if you find anything. Address is at: arcainic@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Soultion to Fateback remote linking...

Sometimes it's a good thing that'll protect your files. Make a link to a HTML page that is in your fateback account that will automatically after certain seconds link to a .zip file.

free sux!!!!!!!!! i would pay but i have this prob wit bein cheap ..am i normal?..yea i guess it is warez but warez r wayyy over 5 mbs so they should allow it cuz warez people dont wanta break down crap into 10 zips.. but i guess ima link tha pages laterz

Re:

My FateBack account isn't deleted YET.

----------------------------
quote:
i guess u could link tha whole page or sumthing i might do that but i dont wont ne banners but i can....n/m....so i say just make ur pages then make a crap site then just take tha link and put it on tha site wit ur good host

quote:
Make a link to a HTML page that is in your fateback account that will automatically after certain seconds link to a .zip file.

That's exactly what I did. That's exactly what I'm doing.

Re: damnit

Originally posted by SoulReaver
Damn then what fwp will allow remote linking? We can blame all those damn warez sites for this problem.

Really it has nothing to do with warez sites, though they most likely account for most of the abuse of this. Even all you guys doing it adds up to some hefty theft. If you don't understand the problem, then think of it this way...

You decide to get DSL or cable internet service (because it is faster then dialup), for $49.95/mo. 3 friends of yours who live with youu in your 4 bed room house that you share, ask to hook in with your DSL (this is possible with a router, all can share the connection). You, being the nice chap you are, agree and don't ask for money. Your 3 friends discover Napster and start downloading all the MP3's ever made on the net.

Guess what happens to your super fast DSL connection?

Basically, on a grand scale and *not* for $49.95/mo, this is what you are doing, and why FWPs do not allow this.

Re:

Well, if there's no free service that allows hotlinking (link directly to the files) I guess I may have to go with paid hosting where I can host all my uploads on one server.

Originally posted by SoulReaver
Hey Neil,
Can you share the script that allows you to link a zip file on html page in seconds.

I'm not Niel but I simple refresh would prolly work.

<META Http-equiv="refresh" Content="1; Url=http://www.shittyhost.com/downloads/myprog.zip">

Content= here you put the number of seconds you want before the redirect takes place

Re:

Or what about this host?
http://www.4nx2.com/
I think you can upload ZIP files to their server? Are there any disadvantages? It's only 20 MB, but maybe I'm allowed to create more than one account with them?

I don,t know much about this stuf, but if you can,t find one place that does this, could't you have the links open in a differn't windows, on another site that you have on another free host for the download. Multible if need be ( one site per download).Then when the download completes and they close the window, your site is still be in the background,open. :confused:

Probly not what your looking for, like I said. I don't know much about any of this. I'm reading alot of these post trying to learn a trick or 2. :cool: :confused:

Re:

--------------------
quote:
Hi There! Try: http://www.mystigall.com/
They give 50 Mb and direct download
--------------------

The link doesn't work.

Hello!

Zden is a 500MB of free online storage space to store,trade,sell and
purchase files. The feature here is that Members make money by selling their mp3's, videos, photos, documents or any other ORIGINAL files.
members can also buy more storage using the money.Of course, Member
can use Zden also for the purpose of only storage.

Since my original illustration is sold to zden.com at the name of imyme, please buy them :)

Zden
http://www.zden.com/

Re: Here's the scope

Originally posted by Arcainic
So my hint is to break up files into .ace or .rar and put them up on websites.

I'd rather use the new WinZip 8.1 Beta and split my files into .zip, .z01, .z02, .z03........ all the way. Extracting spilt/spanned zip files is much faster and easier than that of split/spanned rar files....

Back