• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free cgi-hosting

Venoman

most free webpage hosts don't allow you to host your own cgi-scripts. Can someone recommend a site that will allow you to host your own cgi-scripts? Preferably the main feature, but if it's a free webspace host then I guess that's ok too.

any help would be appreciated

-Venoman

yeah I checked netcabins but they aren't accepting new accounts right now.

From browsing the freewebspace listing for providers that have cgi-bins, it looks like hypermart/virtual avenue is ideal, but you need a commercial e-mail, which I don't have.

So can anyone recommend a good host with a cgi-bin and ftp access?

-Venoman

Not quite right... I have a site with Virtual Avenue (Basically Hypermart) and you can opt for inline or top banner ads and use their CGI.

Originally posted by Mrh0ax
hypermart has ads (popups)on all cgi :(

hypermart pop-ups

Hypermart also offers the inline or placed banner ads as well as the pop-ups. Ya just have to dig really deep into your settings page to find the option. Also, the banner must be displayed "above the fold" if you choose the manually placed banners.

Back