• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Frag Hell V2 Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
PixelFrag said:
It doesn't help me any if you just say things without giving me more detail, I can fix the site if you don't give me an idea of what to fix, you say the colors hurt your eyes, what colors wouldn't hurt your eyes.

How can I make the site load faster? More specific.
Actually, I think your site is damn good.

It doesn't help me any if you just say things without giving me more detail, I can fix the site if you don't give me an idea of what to fix, you say the colors hurt your eyes, what colors wouldn't hurt your eyes.

How can I make the site load faster? More specific.

It's mostly white and gray, you have to strain to see it. Decrease the image size to decrease the load time.

yea, sorry not to clarify. I meant try to make the mainframe look somewhat like the projects section. like instead of just leaving the background empty, put the white rounded rectangle behind the tables. i think it would make the content there easier to read.

Ahh..okay. Thanks, pdrucker.

Thanks, hott.

Liquid do you want it made darker? I can't decrease image, otherwise I have to remake it in photoshop, again.

andrewb said:
7/10

Logo isn't prominent enough. The colourful banner is out of place. Possibly make rollover effect for the buttons.

definately agree here. i like the layout and the colors. dont mind liquid so much either. he is picky, and it takes a lot to impress him. if yo can actually get a good review out of him, you are doing something well. i am one of very few to do so surprisingly. anyways, you are going a good job, and the layout was great. a little to much blank space, but i assume that will fill in as time passes. i would really like to see the menu at least have some sort or rollover though. also, if you would like help making a logo that stands out a little more, let me know. i am willing to help. i five it a 7/10 also. good job. :biggrin2:

Liquid do you want it made darker? I can't decrease image, otherwise I have to remake it in photoshop, again

It's not hard to remake it. If you want a review, fine, but you have to expect to change something. It takes a lot of work to make an actual, good website.

LiquidGoat said:
It's not hard to remake it. If you want a review, fine, but you have to expect to change something. It takes a lot of work to make an actual, good website.

agreed. if you need to make it darker, why would you have to remake the whole thing? dont you have the original files? also, you can adjust brightness/contrast with photoshop. there is no reason to remake it if you know how to make graphics. just use some simple editing styles you should have either learned by yourself or in your highschool graphic art course.

LiquidGoat said:
Im starting to doubt whether or not he actually made the site in question.

good question, but even so, he still would be able to darken it using photoshop

Decreasing the image size, would require me to go into photoshop, redo the whole layout then re-slice and add the links and content.

Stop being an pain in the butt, of course I made it. Jesus, all I want is simple answer not you acting like a smarta.ss

Decreasing the image size, would require me to go into photoshop, redo the whole layout then re-slice and add the links and content.

Quit over reacting, you know you only have to do a "save for web".

Stop being an pain in the butt, of course I made it. Jesus, all I want is simple answer not you acting like a smarta.ss

The only answer you want to hear is "oh, this is the BEST SITE EVER!!!" and you just ignore everything else.

a word of advise world be to learn CSS instead of making such a large image in the first place. you can achieve the same thing. it also doesnt take wery long to reslice an image. you just edit the slices that are already there and save for web with html and images and that is it. simple as can be. i have been reslicing my images all night, and i have done 15 different ones already getting them ready for templates. so dont make it such a big deal. we are giving you advise. you dont have to take it, but dont wine when we tell you.

6/10

I don't like the small fonts, and the light gray on a white background makes it hard to read. I do like how simple it is, though. But the banner is way too graphical to be used on such a basic layout.

Last edited:
LiquidGoat said:
Quit over reacting, you know you only have to do a "save for web".
If you had any design skills you would know that I would have to slice it again, then redo all the stuff in html.

LiquidGoat said:
The only answer you want to hear is "oh, this is the BEST SITE EVER!!!" and you just ignore everything else.
No. I will take your comments but you act like an a.ss. I just said a simple comment. You go and act like a homo just because I asked for more detail.

Jesus.

I just said a simple comment.

..where?

If you had any design skills you would know that I would have to slice it again, then redo all the stuff in html.

Oh, boo hoo. When you save the .psd file, it saves the slices. When you do the save for web, it will ask you what files you want to replace. Just uncheck the .html file and it will only replace the images.

I just said a simple comment. You go and act like a homo just because I asked for more detail.

Most people just wait to contradict themselves in separate posts.

Yeah but if I shorten down the images, I need to to change the html file as well. I said simple comment like 40 times. But w/e, I am not interested in having a "war" over a layout.

Decrease the FILE size of the images, not the demensions. Also, why don't you show me where you said "simple comment" 40 times?

0/10: Contains warez: you will be reported to IPS and JELSOFT, as your forums contain their products, other companies will be notified too. Extremepixels has also been asked if you paid for the skin. Good day.

PixelFrag said:
Yeah but if I shorten down the images, I need to to change the html file as well. I said simple comment like 40 times. But w/e, I am not interested in having a "war" over a layout.

WHAAAT EVEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!! LoL. that is some gay old school saying there. how old are you. you arguing with people on the internet. you are not hard by talking garbage to someone on the internet. you are using a keyboard, that doesnt make you tough, unless you are beating someone in the face with it i guess. haha. if you stop replying to liquid, he will stop too. no need to make enemies with him. he actually is a good designer and have valuable comments if you were willing to take them. it also is not that big of a deal to reslice an image. YOU CAN EDIT SLICES. you dont have to reslice, just edit the current ones, save it as untitles or something, and whatever you added to the template after you started putting text in, then just cop it from the old file, and you are done. it would maybe take you half and hour. either take advise and go do it, or ignore it and stop complaining about it. you are getting yourself nowhere by starting a fude with liquid. :shame: :shame: :shame:

bmwboy said:
0/10: Contains warez: you will be reported to IPS and JELSOFT, as your forums contain their products, other companies will be notified too. Extremepixels has also been asked if you paid for the skin. Good day.

suprise suprise

and if you sliced your site properly you wouldn't have too many images and you could darken your site so its easier on the eyes

also i don't like the banner its to dark

and if you can't take constructive critisim you shouldn't be a we designer

olaph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back