• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Frag Hell V2 Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
7/10

Logo isn't prominent enough. The colourful banner is out of place. Possibly make rollover effect for the buttons.

i love it, but the absent links are annoying, and you should actually put something in the sponsors place.

8/10

8. It is really good I just think that the text is too light, on a light background. Maybe make it a darker grey. I also beleive there has to be a horizontal scroll for smaller screens, that is not a big problem but if you can avoid that do.

I am not a master coder but if I knew php I could fix the problems for smaller screens.

I am using too many images at the moment, therefore no rollover.

Can you explain what you mean by "colourful banner is out of place" Its an orange banner.

LOL! Terrible load time, if you can read I said layout comments not "how fast does the server load my page" comments.

if you can read I said layout comments not "how fast does the server load my page" comments.

You didn't say any of this. Your title, "Frag Hell V2 Layout" doesn't mean crap, unless you actually say "Just review the layout". Seriously, if you can't handle reviews, don't post a thread.

I can but when someone tells me comments like "the colors actually angered me" and "server loads slow". Thats not comments thats just problems, you didn't give any ideas to make the site better and you took points from the score because the server is slow.

I don't go to www.theargsite.com and say that your colors are bad, fonts are too big. No, I would give you suggestions and help you out not just come and say it stinks 6/10.

I don't care if you voted 1/10 but when you come here with clearly no design skill and tell me that it stinks for no reason then I have a reason.

Why do you think I added "Layout" to the topic because I want people to review the layout, not the server, not if the links work or not.

i like it. 8/10. i would recommend making a white background with rounded corners for the center column, like how it is in the right column. there just isnt enough contrast in the center.

I can but when someone tells me comments like "the colors actually angered me" and "server loads slow". Thats not comments thats just problems, you didn't give any ideas to make the site better and you took points from the score because the server is slow.

I don't go to www.theargsite.com and say that your colors are bad, fonts are too big. No, I would give you suggestions and help you out not just come and say it stinks 6/10.

I don't care if you voted 1/10 but when you come here with clearly no design skill and tell me that it stinks for no reason then I have a reason.

Why do you think I added "Layout" to the topic because I want people to review the layout, not the server, not if the links work or not.

Quit using words out of context, or words I never said for that matter. I said the colors had angered me, because they were hard on the eyes, which is a suggestion - make it less hard on the eyes.

I never said the server was slow! I said your site is slow.

our colors are bad, fonts are too big.

Actually, those are suggestions. The fonts are too big? Ok, I can work on that. The colors are bad? Ok, I can work on fixing the colors a bit. See? They are suggestions that I may or may not take into account.

I never said that your site simply "stinks", which you obviously are distraught that I gave you a bad review, or you would have never taken my comment that way.

Thats not comments thats just problems, you didn't give any ideas to make the site better

If we give you a problem with your site, you expect us to hold your hand and walk you through everything? Part of owning a site is accepting criticism and figuring out how to fix the site yourself..

Happy trails, buckaroo!

He probably meant the load time was slow (in his opinion) because (and remember almost EVERYONE blames the server for any site) the optimization of PHP and HTML is what really counts when loading a site.

Take it from someone who always hears "My site is slow, is it your server?" and I have to introduce them to the world of actually cleaning up HTML. :p

It doesn't help me any if you just say things without giving me more detail, I can fix the site if you don't give me an idea of what to fix, you say the colors hurt your eyes, what colors wouldn't hurt your eyes.

How can I make the site load faster? More specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back