• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Forum Sites WILL BE DELETED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i say if you dont let other people post there websites and it has a forum you most not be that confident in your own forum. many sites have great offers and awsome things to do on it but if they have a forum no one here will ever know about it :( what if i put a forum in my signature will that get deleated ( if you arnt confident enoph in your own product why are you selling it ) thats a good quote compition is a good thing you can see whos better and i know you guys rock but lighten up!

ozefrog said:
once u hav seen 1 forum, u hav seen them all. with the exception of Phorum (unless they've conformed to typical forum conventions in recent times).personally i am sick of going to websites and seeing the same generic designs and layouts. this is what i will reffer to as 'no talent webmasters'. u cant just dump a forum script on a freehost n call urself a webmaster. wen u fully understand the workings of your website n what each files does then u can call yourself a webmaster.

a suggestion to u peo, is that u do allow reviewing of forum only sites. but ONLY if it has been coded from scratch by the person submitting it for reviewing. those with talent deserve to have their creativity displayed and commented on.
not all forums are the same this is one of the easeyest ones i have ever used and most fun alot others are pointless

If forum sites with non-custom designs aren't allowed, I think sites using premade templates shouldn't be allowed as well.

hey, i've got a question..

what if its a forum that you coded yourself, and wanted to know what people thought of the forum, ie;

Hi, i created phpBB, i was just wanting to know what you thought about it? Style wise as well as functuality please!

T.M. said:
hey, i've got a question..

what if its a forum that you coded yourself, and wanted to know what people thought of the forum, ie;
That is a darn good question. Lets hope for an answer

Yes, but then you would post the site where the forum is located for development (like: http://www.phpbb.com) instead of linking to the forum itself... that is if you aren't planning on using it for Beta Testing or other useless things like that.

college-student said:
show it as an image in FWS with NO LINK
Most are undeserving of mine and others' unlimited bandwidth

veggie1232 said:
not all forums are the same this is one of the easeyest ones i have ever used and most fun alot others are pointless
All forums i hav encounted have been easy to use, afterall most of the popular ones such as vBulletin, IPB, PHPBB... look very similar. I agree that the freewebspace.net forums are ace, and actually have purpose, which is why i have been a member since 2001? and keep coming back...

T.M. said:
i think it should be allowed if you made the skin/themes/style yourself from SCRATCH.
So place have a dummy theme file setup somewhere and have people review THAT, not somebody else's forum.

T.M. said:
If that was the case then you should have the right to have your intellectual property reviewed.

DarkBlood said:
*points to signature.

Did this really need to be brought up... again? i mean, like for the 999,999th time?

Unlimited is the same as the length of a piece of string. To end this once and for all:

dictionary.com said:
Having or seeming to have no boundaries; infinite: an unlimited horizon.

And not everything has limits. For instance, i have no limits on my home network's bandwidth...

Can we just stay on topic plz?

Yeah I guess so, but still. Anyway, a board ain't a site... not even phpNuke or IPDynamic lite are sites, those are called portals.

ozefrog said:
Did this really need to be brought up... again? i mean, like for the 999,999th time?

Unlimited is the same as the length of a piece of string. To end this once and for all:

And not everything has limits. For instance, i have no limits on my home network's bandwidth...

Can we just stay on topic plz?

Oh really? You must have an amazing home network.

We should leave the topic about unlimited to its own topics*. However, message board sites... kinda useless as they are basically for end-user use and not really for site purposes.

*I mean topics people, there's more than one.

Just know that if you post a forum to be reviewed it will deleted. No if ands or butts about it. So just leave it like that alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back