• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

forbidden to post errors

The Crasher

this is just a spam post test to see if it is realy that topic that is annoying or that it is a restriction on my pc to post new reply's

Greetings From PowerChaos

What error do you get?

I sometimes have to wait before I can post, like 15 sec or what ever, but that isn't an error.

i know that it is mod security
when i posted somewhere else a reply it even prevented me again to make the post and i dit just say ssh and directadmin and screenshot ... so what is triggering the mod security that isnt triggering in this place ? (maybe the contexts ?)

I also had the same problem when I was posting some SSH text with "w get" in them, but together.

I just tried it a few different ways. I guess it's picky. I started a sentence with "w get" and it failed. Then I placed it in the center of a sentence and it failed, but when I put it like you have it above, it went through.

thats why it is called mod security

it checks the texts / posts / refferer on strange code

depending on the settings and the variables in it can it filer out posts , can it filter out certain text phases or can it just block users that came from a certain page

it is a verry flexible thing , but it can mess up a lot of things

Back