• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

For the sake of curiosity...

Ummm...

And so will you some day or you'll die just like EVERY other wanna-be ad-free FWP that's ever existed. (Ohhhh...wait...it's just a "hobby" for you if I'm quoting you correctly. Your FWP will simply die when you lose interest. Perhaps a month or 2?)

LOL na it wont cause i work for a webhosting company which is also a large isp. Not really a hobby i just like to provide something unique :p

Re: Re: Ummm...

Originally posted by cyberryan
Originally posted by Ron Seigel
And so will you some day or you'll die just like EVERY other wanna-be ad-free FWP that's ever existed.

Yep, it's only a matter of time until Redrival, f2s, and Stas.net resort to putting either banners or pop-ups on their members' pages. I always used to say, "If Crosswinds can't do it, nobody can;" well, now I guess nobody can.

F2S and Redrival and stas.net still can do it ;) Same with the 33 webhosts listed here: http://www.freewebspace.net/cgi-bin...h&Location=---&Space=>0.0&Adtype=No+ads&mh=10
But I bet most of them will die soon.

GCities,

What is your exact business plan?

Fill up a server with accounts and get no revenue?

Originally posted by -bg
GCities,

What is your exact business plan?

Fill up a server with accounts and get no revenue?

He claims that it's a hobby. So I guess that's his business plan.

Originally posted by Coolin
woah! I just started the 3rd page of the thread! Is this the longest thread ever as of now?

no, it's tied with about 2 or 3 other threads at 31 replies... until I just posted and made it 32, muahaha :). It will be the longest thread though.

Well yes its a hobby for now. I get the dedicated servers and bandwidth cheaper as i work for a huge isp web hosting company.

Originally posted by Gcites
Well yes its a hobby for now. I get the dedicated servers and bandwidth cheaper as i work for a huge isp web hosting company.

If you're offering all that, why not remove the 2000 visitors rule and allow zip/exe files? Could be a really good host if more people could use it. Nobody here who wants a site is likely to get 2000 visitors a day, and people who do get that many visitors usually go for paid hosts. Thats just my opinion though, but I think if you removed the visitor limit and enable zip/exe (maybe put a 2mb size limit to cut down on warez), it could be great. :)

Yes even if i do that i still need to host sites that are already on the web. As i have to review them to check there content :p

So many visitors..

1000 visitors a day is still an awful lot. I have seen several successfull sites, but none of the legal ones went over 500 visitors a day (by which I am really referring to visitors and not just page hits). Despite, would a site get kicked off your server if it didn't reach a minimum of 2000 visits?

Butterfly no. But if it got at least less then 300 a day it would :p If it has good content and legal information it is ok.

Back