• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

For Sale - Free Forum Host Template & IPB Auto Install Script!

I am interested in this
but only if the above questions are answered and these

1. What would be the requirements to host the script? Eg Space, Databases
2. Can we edit the script easily? such as your first screenshot showed a template, could this by easily edited or would it need to be remade?

Also in your first screenshot it says "No Ads"
Is it possible to add Ads automatically? And have an ad removal system?
If not I see no way to get any money back from hosting costs + script costs

hi,
the script is legal but you can no longer download it (edit: because of the same reason you cant download ipb1.3 :p). It is 100% legal. Yes there is a way to put ads in each forum. The script needs mySQL databases and about a megabyte of space. (Not sure each forum though). The script can be edited as easily as IPB 1.3 can (edit: actually easier, just plain html). And although it does not include smf & phpBB i may be able to give a link to the phpBB one. SMF is not available (not free anyway).
Hope i answered all questions, if you need any more just ask :).

Thanks,

themoose

Last edited:
How many databases would we be talking about? Normally when you install a forum it takes 1 database, so would you need 1 per customer?
Also is the installation part edited? normally you have to enter FTP and MySql information which normal members would not have...

as far as i can see the script only needs one database (per subdomain). The users will not have to enter any mySQL details, as this is set up on the initial installation. You do not normally have to input FTP details for normal IPB install. I can also give support while installing script if needed.

Roflcopter said:
please tell me if this is right so far :p

When people install a forum, it is www.server.mysite.com/theirforum
1 mysql per subdomain
1mb space per installation
offers IPB, Phbb but SMF is not available?

kind of. the script only offers IPB, but phpBB is available free and SMF is available paid. I am only including the IPB one as it is rare.

1mySQL per subdomain (as i can see)
when they install a forum the URL will be:
"server.mysite.com/?mforum*=theirforum".
however this should stay in the users cookies (unless they visit the a diff forum on the server) so they will only have to type "server.mysite.com".
about 1MB per install, but i may be wrong (at least 400KB tho).
I will give support for setting up script but NOT for editing.

*this can probably be edited to sumthing like ?f=theirforum

Last edited:
Ok, I am fairly interested
I will look around and see if I could advertise this enough to make it worthwile. And perhaps make a web template to use with it, I may post back within 3 days with a bid and contact info

i did not pay for the script, nor did i say i did. I am only including it as an add-on to the template as stated in the original post. (i also designed the script visually)

the script is still 100% legal. (it is not the sebflipper one)

Last edited:
hmm, i will have to check this out, i will not pay for something you can get free legally

EDIT- I have found that the same sort of thing comes out from sebflipper
http://whatever.com/?mforum=yourname, comes out from sebflipper, which is exactly what comes out from your script. It would be usefull to see a website or a demo to prove this is different.

Last edited:
Very nice!
that cleared everything up, thank you

I will post again later to confirm if i want the script or not

EDIT- theres no option to have Google Adwords in the ACP, is this found somewhere else?

Last edited:
I have asked around, a friend of mine mentioned that InvisionFree used a simular script but IPS got annoyed with them and they had to delete it
Have you contacted IPS to make sure this is legal?

Back