• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Flash help?

Agum

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but I'll try anyway.

I have one specific question... here's what I want to do:
I have a curvy line (emphasize: not straight). So at the beginning of the animation there is nothing. I want this line to get "drawn" out as if you're drawing the line by a pen.

I hope you can get what I mean. I know that with a straight line all I'd have to do is re-scale the line in a later key frame. but what would you do with a curvy line? also, assume that the line overlaps at some points, so covering the line part by part with white spots and removing them one by one sorta can't work.

btw, I'm using Flash 4, if that makes any difference... I know it's old, but I really don't have a newer one =/ I'm guessing most things you can do with Flash 5 can also be done on 4? I don't know about MX though.

I don't think swishmax has what I want in the built in effects, after I tried it..

I can help.

If your line is only going in one direction you can draw a large fill block (in whatever the bg color is) and move the fill block to the direction that the line is moving by tweening it (this way it will look as if the line is been slowly drawn).

If you want to add a pen then all you have to do is duplicate the layer with the line in it. and make it a guide line. then draw a pen and put its tracking point (the spot which is used for labeling its center when you use free transform) to the tip of it. and finally tween the pen at the same speed as the fill block. this will make a drawing effect.

if your line is going in more than one direction you may have to use a mask layer.

note: if you need actionscript help goto www.actionscript.org/forums (the people there are very good with this kind of stuff)

J.W_(Dark_Element)

<C-Stamp> If you need further assistance you may PM me </C-Stamp>

if you need a newer vr of flash you can proberbly crack a trial. (which is the same as buying except you dont pay... lol)

since warez is banned im not going to give any addresses _HERE_

Back